Sidebar Ads on MFP

romanhokie
romanhokie Posts: 30 Member
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
Okay, so I didn't see a thread already set up for this, but what ironic ads are in your MFP sidebar or topbar?

Just saw one for Scooba. "It mops the floor, so you don't have to!" Um, doesn't mopping burn calories? Hello?

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    most are my adds are groupon vouchers for all you can eat buffets!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    I think the ads are supposed to be geared toward the things that you search for most frequently.

Actually, there are many people that don't see the ads at all...like myself, so I'm not sure what everyone else is seeing. :bigsmile:
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Microsoft windows ads... all the time.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    I think the ads are supposed to be geared toward the things that you search for most frequently.

Actually, there are many people that don't see the ads at all...like myself, so I'm not sure what everyone else is seeing. :bigsmile:

if only i did search for them, i can understand it slightly as i use this site at work so my colegues may look them up on this comp. but never at home especially in sheffield!!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    I just saw an ad for Arby's French Fries! LOL. I know i've seen other junk food ads too. Currently its a Fiber Plus ad which I guess is ok.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304

That is true- I know on Facebook I see ads all the time for trips to France, and going back to school. I'm pretty sure its because I talk about my study abroad experience in college and the fact I don't really use my degree in my profile. It must pick up on key words. And I know when I click on my cousin's page - all kinds of baby ads come up b/c she has pics of her baby and the word baby, newborn, etc are probably on the captions. Those darn marketing geniuses. LOL.
This discussion has been closed.