How do you get in your fiber?

Options
I try to get in anywhere from 20-30 (if not more) grams of fiber a day. Sometimes this is difficult.

What are some of your favorite ways to get your fiber? (I don't eat Fiber One products, hate the taste)

Replies

• lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, fruits, veggies and I love prunes!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. All Bran. Veggies.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch
    berries
    nuts
    leafy greens like spinach and kale
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    mostly from fruits veggies & oatmeal.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    nuts, seeds, veggies, fruit, legumes (beans, lentils, etc.) whole Grains (bread, pasta, etc.)
  • Aitenev
    Aitenev Posts: 62
    Options
    Fruits & veggies, beans & brown rice.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Arnolds multigrain English muffins, kashi cereal, and sometimes salads all help me hit (or go over) my fiber goals for the day
  • Blueeyes1117
    Blueeyes1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im a very picky eater so it's normally hard for me to get enough fiber in but... i found Light plum juice to be the key factor for me each serving has three grams of fiber and only 60 calories so normally i drink about 10-12 ounces of that each morning to get my fiber fix in and stay under my calorie limit. May take a few times to get used to the taste but its really not that bad ive actually grown to like it now.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like Benefiber's Citrus Punch drink mix. It mixes into a bottle of water and tastes like Kool Aid. Only 20 calories!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I feel like this question is always be asked....Fiber one bars are great and I just found fiber advanced gummis they are yummy!
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    I usually get 30 fiber a day from cereal, fruit, veggies & then thanks to other..issues.. I sometimes need to go even higher so I take 5 psyllium husk tablets.
  • shallott
    shallott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add ground flaxseed to your food.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I moved all my starches (breads and pastas) to whole wheat which has helped. Also, I get protein mixed that have added fiber.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lentils. I add some whenever I make brown rice. They're full of fiber and protein.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I get at least 30g of fiber every day from fruits, veggies, oatmeal, beans (pinto, black, red...), lentils, whole-grain bread, raw unprocessed nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans). If you feel you aren't getting enough fiber from food, you can always buy fiber powder and add it to any soft food or liquid. It's tasteless.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies and flax seed meal. Flax seed meal has 4 grams of fiber in a 2 tbsp. serving! It also has lots of Omega-3s. My mom puts flax seed meal in her yogurt in the morning. I make a muffin using flax seed meal that I usually eat for breakfast. It's low in net carbs and high in protein and fiber.

Beans and lentils are also high in fiber although I probably don't eat as much of them as I should.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Snickers Marathon Protein Bar has 10 g fiber and is YUM! I find the lastest Fiber One products to be pretty good like they're cereal and chewy bars. Good luck!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://www.meijer.com/s/la-tortilla-factory-soft-tomato-basil-wraps-14-packs-6-wraps-ea/_/R-176620;jsessionid=381607F73F7EFC7CE3AB44311A719DD2.instance02

They make several different flavors. These have 12g of fiber per wrap. Some others have up to 15g I believe.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    whole wheat breat, beans, fruit, veggies, and anything with fiber added
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I add Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal to my oatmeal almost every morning. Easy 4-6 more grams out of the way first thing. =)
    Apples are an excellent source, too. You know what they say "An apple a day..."