Hey Everybody I've started my lifestyle change!!

Options
Hey everyone, its me Natasha,

Okay so here goes, i'm 20 years of age and i have been struggling with my weight for years now. Recently my grandmother at the age of 69 passed due to a heartattack.. When this had happened i thought okay, seriously its time for me to realize my health, and loose weight.. My heaviest weight ever was 259 pds, right now i'm 247, i have 12 pds gone so far. I'm completely dedicated to loosing weight now, I workout eveyr night, going to the gym and eating as healthy as I can.. I'm going to speak for MANY people now when i say, " I LOVE CHIPS, zesty doritos!"... My god thats my killer, i could give up anything in this world.. But chips are something i love. I've given them up for 15 days now, not to mention i haven't drank pepsi or any type of pop drink for 2 years now. I live on water thats it!. I just need to loose weight, looking at myself depresses me... This site has helped me even more than weight watchers. Becasue i'm usually on the computer and its way eaiser to access.. I just want to loose weight and i'm GOING TO DO IT :).. Comment leave me anything :) thanks!

Replies

• KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    Goodluck on your weightloss journey. Feel free to add me!
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well you are at the right place MFP is easy and simple.
    You can do it and good luck. Add me as a friend if you like and we can share our journey!!!!
  • crystal45044
    Options
    HI and welcome! I joined MFP Sunday and I totally love it! I was talking to my mom and I told her I needed to lose weight and she said she needs to too so we went out and joined the gym. If it wasn't for my mom I don't think I would have motivation enough to go. She calls me every morning and says "Time to work the fat off!" and I jump up and we go. I've always struggled with my weight. My highest was 230lbs and after my divorce I slimmed down to 180. I was so happy because I was curvy and not plumpy! But fast forward 3 years later and I'm now 211lbs. I'm so short so I'm all belly! This website is very useful though. I like that I can put what I eat and it tallies it up for me. I can actually see what I am putting in my body. It's a big help. I hope you are successful and if you need a motivator buddy then you can add me as a friend! Good luck and remember always have fun!
  • amarshall9600
    Options
    Good for you to decide to make a healthy change to your life! Its gonna be tough, I know, I have struggled with my weight just like you! I try hard every day and I ALWAYS need encouragement so...here's to you girl! Good luck and keep up the positive attitude! You will do well!!
  • rhea87
    rhea87 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how you feel!

Good Luck from Norway! :D
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There are so many people on here to help you and motivate you along you journey. Welcom to MFP and good luck. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I miss chips too!!! :sad:
    But when I think abt all the chips I've had throughout the years Ive had my fill. :)

Congrats on deciding to get more healthy. This site is the best place to start. I've lost 27lbs so far, its a awesome tool. Don't give up, even if u have a little stumble (chips) get back on track and keep moving forward. :) Best wishes to you. :flowerforyou:
  • arisbett
    arisbett Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome I just started Monday and this is great im more concious about what I eat. You don't exactly need to give up every food just eat less of it. I LOVE CHIPS TOO!!! But they do terrible things to ya when you have too many I had 3 Doritos Chips today I wanted more...but I stopped myself. (YAY ME!) We can do this girl!!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! its a great site!! Best of luck to you!
  • leigh_wilson
    leigh_wilson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you journey!!! I wish you the best sincerely!! I just started my journey a little over a week ago and this sight has helped alot already. Ugh, I ate a meal at burger king that was 1,140 alone and that was the first thing I ate that day. Really seeing how many calories something could be scares me away from certain foods and thats been my biggest help so far. I am learning day by day whats good and whats not and how to eat the "right" food to make sure I met my calorie intake. Anywho, as I said I am new to this too so Good Luck Lady and if you ever need any ecouragement or support look me ups!!! :-)

-Leigh-Leigh
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The site is great for caloric info and plenty of people to keep you motivated. I <3 chips too. Chips, pretzels, anything like that. But after seeing how quickly it adds up, they went into the closet and only come out when the kids ask for them. Great job by putting down the soda. I stopped drinking diet soda last January and never looked back. Now I don't miss it and only drink water. Feel free to friend me. Stay on the path to good health.