I am stuck!!

Options
I have been fluctuating between 9-12 pounds lost for the last 2 weeks. It seems like I cannot lose any more weight. After the Holiday and vacation all of last week--I'm back to only losing 9 lbs since I started in June.

Any ideas on how to jump start again on losing some more weight?

Replies

• sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I have been fluctuating between 9-12 pounds lost for the last 2 weeks. It seems like I cannot lose any more weight. After the Holiday and vacation all of last week--I'm back to only losing 9 lbs since I started in June.

Any ideas on how to jump start again on losing some more weight?
  • erinbabson
    erinbabson Posts: 11
    Options
    I've tried to just change things up a bit - work out more or differently. change from elliptical to treadmill or something else. Also, try not using all your added calories from exercise - just use some of them to boost your calories.

Also we tend to get stuck in food "ruts". At those times, I take a looong walk through the grocery store and look at things I would never think to check. Some are way lower than I think (like Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal!). Try to lower your carbs or increase protien, etc.

Also try making sure you are getting your daily fruits and veggies. I tend to keep within my calories, but forget to do those. When I focus more on those, I do better.
  • wamcc
    wamcc Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this and wanted to know what is a good mix for weight loss between carbs, protein, and fat? Do you have any idea what I should be aiming for in this regard? I weigh 212, am 5'11'' tall, and am aiming to loose two lbs per week--which I am more-or-less doing with 60 plus minutes of exercise per day and low cal diet as suggested by myfitnesspal. Thanks for your suggestions. Bill
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I am/was in the same boat girlie!!!

I was so grouchy over it so I went and had a friggin Happy Meal from McCraps. Small cheeseburger - plain, small fries, diet soda.

Maybe that was the magic I needed because I have done everything "right" and today I lost 1 pound! YEY!

So.....maybe you need more calories too??
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    I lost 60lb over the past year I have 10-15 to go. I learned early on that I hit a plateau every 10-12 lbs and would have to change things up. One thing that helped me was adding to my diet not taking away.
    1) Add 1000 mg of vitamin c. helps flush fat when you are exercising and drinking enough water
    2) Add a fiber supplement. Even if you eat a lot of fiber try the equate fiber therapy from Walmart contrary to popular belief it will not give you diarea you would have to take like 10 pills for that and you only need 4-5 pills a day.
    3) Add soy protein to your diet whether it be a soy protein shake or tofu try the EAS soy protein shakes 20 g protein.
    4)Cayanne pepper can jumpstart your metabolism
    5) A body clense supplements can help jumpstart weight loss when you hit a plateau but they can only be used every 4 months
    6) Change your exercise program
    7) A good multi vitamin

If you try 1-2 of these I listed when you plateau it may help start the loosong again. Don't stop what you are already doing just add to it and combined they will most likely work.

Good luck keep trying new things
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I will mix and match some things---hopefully I can get out of this rut. It is depressing! :cry:
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I lost 25 lbs now Im stuck at 185 lbs. I really havent had the moto when I first started..... I think it might be the beers I drink?? I just love the Mich Golden Light. For the exercise part I have a 4 month old and a two year old. Time, there is no time. I think I might have the answer? I might join snap Fitness. This will give me time to work out on lunch hour. My health Insurance pays for half of the membership. Now I still don't know how to get past the 900pm snack. I always seem to have the munchies at this time. What helps you get past this??

Thanks Josh :drinker:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]59848.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    . Now I still don't know how to get past the 900pm snack. I always seem to have the munchies at this time. What helps you get past this??

Try doing something around the house that needs to be done. Do pushups and situps. Do anything active to keep you away from that fridge/pantry.
  • olyjok
    Options
    . Now I still don't know how to get past the 900pm snack. I always seem to have the munchies at this time. What helps you get past this??

Try doing something around the house that needs to be done. Do pushups and situps. Do anything active to keep you away from that fridge/pantry.

The problem with that is I will get all worked up and find it hard to sleep. Ill give it a try. Thank you

Josh
  • olyjok
    Options
    How do You keep your weight loss sticker with your name without copy every time