Friends?

Options
Hi!

I've been doing MFP for about 3 weeks now. I see people requesting friends and I am wondering how it works. I understand the support and motivation factor. I definitely need that! What I am curious about is how having friends impacts MFP. Is it like Facebook where you see a feed?

Thank you!

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes. On your home page you will see their recent stats and updated on their food or exercise logs and their weigh ins. So it's like when you log into FB and see the stat updates.
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :happy: Your friends can keep you on track and support you along the way for sure. And yes it shows up like a news feed.
    Feel free to add me if you like! Welcome!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's very much like that. I convinced a few people from my running group to sign up, but I only know three people personally who are on my list. However, I wouldn't trade my MFP friends for the world! They've become a big part of my journey.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    its almost exactly like that, you see feeds like "Charli666 burned 315 calories doing 55 minutes of "Dancing, general" " or you can add your own, its a great motivator, feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Yeah little bit like that, you can see peoples diaries and stuff and the coolest thing is people can put comments on your posts and it really is a fantastic way of being encouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It also tells you when a friend hasn't logged in for a while so you can give them encouragement!! :wink:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I will add you.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OH WOW! Thank you for the info! I have a much better understanding now. I have friend requests! :)
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Having friends on here is great when you have good weeks and bad. I went through a few rough days and MFP friends were totally there for me cheering me back on the ball. It also helps on lazy days kind of makes you get up and go when you see all of your friends burning so many calories :) feel free to add me if you like