I choose you!!!

Options
I'm having to get fast food after work and i want to know the healthiest one i can go to that is also very filling.
I don't know about fast food restaurants and their health-ness...

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Pita Pit nearby?

Whole Wheat Chicken Breast pita with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, NO cheese, and LIGHT Ceasar sauce is exactly 363 calories, only 7 g of fat, and VERY filling!!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Subway has a few lower-calorie choices but the sodium is still a problem so drink tons of water. Skip the cheese, mayo and dressings (mustard is OK) and load up on the veggies. Just a few days ago I was at a Subway and they had a list of sandwiches that included calorie and fat content. I was surprised to find the flatbread is worse than the whole wheat bread. Goes to show you that you can't judge everything by it's size.

Also, Taco Bell's "fresco" menu is lower-calorie. The grilled chicken salads at McDonald's are delicious. Just sub the dressing that automatically comes with the particular salad with the balsamic vinegarette one.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell fresco menu, a couple of tacos or one of the burritos, should be around 300 cals
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Subway has a few lower-calorie choices but the sodium is still a problem so drink tons of water. Skip the cheese, mayo and dressings (mustard is OK) and load up on the veggies. Just a few days ago I was at a Subway and they had a list of sandwiches that included calorie and fat content. I was surprised to find the flatbread is worse than the whole wheat bread. Goes to show you that you can't judge everything by it's size.

Also, Taco Bell's "fresco" menu is lower-calorie. The grilled chicken salads at McDonald's are delicious. Just sub the dressing that automatically comes with the particular salad with the balsamic vinegarette one.

took words right out of my mouth, also honey mustard, sp mustard, and vinegar are ok at subway. I LOVE taco bell fresco, crunchy is healthiest btw. Also chickfila sandwich (original) is about 300 cal which is not bad at all. Oh and the tendergrill with no mayo at BK is about 360 calories, packed with protein and very filling. Good luck!!!
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Get a lunch box and make your meal for afterwork. There are no real healthy fast food places.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Get a lunch box and make your meal for afterwork. There are no real healthy fast food places.

My stomach was upset today and i only was able to stomach chicken broth so i didn't know whether i was going to be hungry after work or not and since i feel better i decided to work out doing kickboxing and I can't work out on a completely empty stomach and i don't have enough time to stop and make something.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had that same dilema during lunch today. I stopped at Subway and got the Black Forest Ham 6" sub on wheat for 290 cals and 4.5 grams of fat. Don't add cheese or mayo. I added mustard and all veggies which only added 15 more calories to my meal. I'm very satisfied and probably won't need an afternoon snack =).
  • army_cobra
    Options
    subway and just ask for chicken breast lol im not to sure if you can do that tho. But yes subway 6in whole wheat with chicken some veggies will do the trick
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The chili from Wendy's is LOADED with protein and it's amazing (220 for a small, 330 for a large). Plus it's on the dollar menu... c'mon, can't beat that lol
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The chili from Wendy's is LOADED with protein and it's amazing (220 for a small, 330 for a large). Plus it's on the dollar menu... c'mon, can't beat that lol

How's the sodium?
  • 77LouLou
    77LouLou Posts: 75
    Options
    Sonic grilled chicken on whole wheat sub mustard for mayo...not sure where ur fro
    But where I am this is good
  • army_cobra
    Options

How's the sodium?

that is a no go on chili, im not for sure but i bet there is alot of fat that is unhealthy and like i said before nothing from fast food places are good. Your best bet is a sandwich place
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon! Yum!!! With steamed veggies

I know you said fast food but usally I can call my restaurant pre order and pick up if I dont want to dine in.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    u can find healthier options almost anywhere i have many many days like this so ill give u one of my tips that has helped me out when u get time get online and go to the websites of ur favorite fast food restaurants find 2 or 3 meals from each place and write it down on paper and put in your glove box next time you need to get fast food grab up ur list and pick something : ) hope this helps
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I love Pret on the go.