Ok with scale not moving??

Options
As a lot of you know I posted about how I gained 3lbs and was not sure why. Well I have yet to lose those 3lbs. I havent been eating really well<--working on that.
I had a question tho....The Scale says I am 203lbs. I am 5'3.. I know I am gaining muscle.

Am I always going to be in the 200lbs even if I am "skinnier"?

I dont mind too much about the number..I know my goal is to be 130-140 but that may very well not happen. I just dont want to always see 190 or 200lbs on the scale but not look it.

Hope you all understood that. Tried to explain the best I could. I am doing the 30 day shred..I doubt I will go past level 1 during the 30 days but Im ok with that. My knees are a little sore and I have done it for 5 days out of the past week. I took my measurements and not surprisingly for me..they went up. Maybe I measured wrong or in different areas but still discouraging.
I do NOT feel like quiting.. I have at least 3 bikinis I would love to be able to wear this summer. :)

Replies

• pretentiouskate
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? How closely are you watching what you eat? I peeked at your diary and saw a lot of days unlogged...

Speaking for myself, I'm 5'5, 197 pounds ... I've been tracking since the beginning of the month, and my weight has bounced but pretty much stuck around 197, down from 200. I dropped down to 192 the other day, but it came right back up ... it's frustrating as hell, but I'm not working out every day, or even every other day, and I'm trying to be realistic about it. Just like diet alone isn't going to get me the results I'm looking for, exercise alone isn't going to get you the results you want.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    At 5' 3", you won't be 200 lbs of muscle.

Muscle takes a lot of time and effort to build, so, unfortunately, it's probably just your eating... and possible water retention keeping the scale from moving.

On the other hand, I'd rather be "overweight" and healthy, than skinny and unhealthy.
  • miznel80
    miznel80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" also, for the longest time the scale didn't move. So I put it away because every time I weighed myself and it didn't move I was very discouraged. I've been lifting weights so I assumed I was gaining some muscle since my clothes were getting looser. I weigh in every few weeks so I don't get discouraged by the scale.
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ok thats good to know. I like to get on the scale every other day or so to see about water retention but maybe I will just go back to doing it once a week and see how that goes.

I am starting to get stronger doing the shred which is making me drink more water so hopefully that really helps.

I may change my goals of being 130 to being 160. I could be 160 and be "healthy skinny". :) Just as long as it doesnt say 190-200 all the time lol
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    someone once told me to forget looking at what the scales say ,even throw them away ,its how you eat and your calories ,not the number on the scales,can i ask what is this 30 day shred that everyone keeps talking about?
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is a work out dvd from Jillian Michaels. I am only doing level 1. There are 3 levels, you are suppsoed to do each level 10 days and then go up.. This is the first time i have ever done any exercise like this in my life so Im starting small.

I checked out that mybodygallery.com. that is an amazing site. It looks like it might be possible to get down to 140-150 with my body shape. But I will stick to my goal being 160 and see how I do with that.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary it does seem like it could be a bit of a commitment issue.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    If you're eating at a deficit you're not putting on muscle. You have to eat more to put on a significant amount of muscle.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im 5"6 and 215 and my doctor says that i am obese he is wanting me to aim for 150 so i dont think u will be 200 forever