Bad Mood broken!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
ALERT THE MEDIA! toot0vz.giftoot0vz.giftoot0vz.gif

My bad mood is officially broken--even though I haven't lost any in the last 3 days--even though I've only lost 8/10 of a pound in 2 weeks--I'm a dancing fool today!

party0010.gif
party0010.gifparty0010.gif
tigger_dance.giftigger_dance.gif

I went to my doc for the first visit face-to-face since I've been on MFP, and she was thrilled to death! She said I'm am doing FANTASTIC! And, she was excited that not only am I exercising like crazy but, as she put it, "have taken on a new lifestyle."

My A1C--that's a diabetic number that should be under 7--was 5.3, which is in the "normal" non-diabetic person range!!!!! w00t.gif

And, my cholesterol is unbelievable low!

And my BP was 120/70!!

So, the results are this:

---the one diabetes pill is officially now history
--she has left it up to me how much longer I take the last remaining diabetes pill. She said when I feel like I'm ready, just stop taking it!!!!!!!!!
--my cholesterol pill is gone, too! No more Lipitor!

That leaves only my 1/2 diabetes pill a day and my BP meds, which she said she will consider in 6 months!!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY, OH HAPPY DAY!! woohoo.gifwoohoo.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    ALERT THE MEDIA! toot0vz.giftoot0vz.giftoot0vz.gif

My bad mood is officially broken--even though I haven't lost any in the last 3 days--even though I've only lost 8/10 of a pound in 2 weeks--I'm a dancing fool today!

party0010.gif
    party0010.gifparty0010.gif
    tigger_dance.giftigger_dance.gif

I went to my doc for the first visit face-to-face since I've been on MFP, and she was thrilled to death! She said I'm am doing FANTASTIC! And, she was excited that not only am I exercising like crazy but, as she put it, "have taken on a new lifestyle."

My A1C--that's a diabetic number that should be under 7--was 5.3, which is in the "normal" non-diabetic person range!!!!! w00t.gif

And, my cholesterol is unbelievable low!

And my BP was 120/70!!

So, the results are this:

---the one diabetes pill is officially now history
    --she has left it up to me how much longer I take the last remaining diabetes pill. She said when I feel like I'm ready, just stop taking it!!!!!!!!!
    --my cholesterol pill is gone, too! No more Lipitor!

That leaves only my 1/2 diabetes pill a day and my BP meds, which she said she will consider in 6 months!!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY, OH HAPPY DAY!! woohoo.gifwoohoo.gif
  • shorerider
    Options
    Double Post, sorry! I was too excited when I hit the button
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GREEEAAAAATTTT news!

Kim
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! Way to go, Shore!!!!! You are definitely on the road to a healthy life!! You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    OH AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you and proud of you too!!!

I'm gonna do your happy dance w/ you sister!!! wooooo!

hugs!
    ali :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    That's fantastic news, Shorerider! I am so happy for you!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!! Big, Big Kudos to you!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Looking better in the mirror is always a big incentive, but even moreso is our health, and look at you....off of almost all your meds!!!! Whoo Hoooo

ATTAGIRL:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I don't know why...but I actually got a little teary eyed reading your post!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I am so happy for you, for all the work you have done, and for the healthy you that you are becoming! It's all about you girlie! YEY YOU!!!

You totally rock and are doing a FANTABULOUS job! YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!
    You are an incredible example that by taking care of yourself you CAN eliminate meds. There is no better reward!

You are an inspiration to all of us!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Not only are you having a better life, but longer too!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Getting off these meds is a biggie for me, so I'm really going to work at dropping this last diabetes pill. I'll be a pedaling fool!

I'm still so excited, and I just can't hide it!! :tongue: :tongue:

Now off to VBS--how many calories does chasing 40 kids around a church for 3 hours burn up?? :wink:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is fabulous!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AMAZING!!! You must be on cloud NINE!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrats Shore :happy:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    That is so good!!!!!!

You don't know how much that has helped me today!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! like Princes L my eyes filled up too because I think to do what you have done is spectacular!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    LOL This snake article was so odd and big I moved it! LOL I don't want to detour this post from your FANTABULOUS success!

Snake information about your DH moved to another post. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    THAT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! You must be flying high!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    HOLD UP!!! I know why you are REALLY happy...Your DH threw his snake collection out, right???

From the Washingtonpost.com

Fun in Fairfax, VA:

Sure, the movie "Snakes on a Plane" was scary. But how about this sequel: "Snakes in a Cheap Motel Room"?

Fairfax City police said they found 17 exotic snakes, 12 of them venomous, inside Room 11 of the Hy-Way Motel near Fairfax Circle on Thursday night after the motel's management alerted them to a foul odor. The snakes took up residence at the Hy-Way on Sunday and were not detected by the housekeeping staff because they were concealed in luggage, police said.

Two of the smaller snakes, possibly future meals for their larger brethren, passed away during their vacation at the Hy-Way, police said, creating the telltale odor that led to their sudden eviction yesterday.

Police said the reptiles might belong to an Arlington County man who proudly kept as many as 100 exotic snakes in his home until county authorities recently moved against him.

The snakes did not endear him to the neighbors, who occasionally came across the random Mexican lancehead rattlesnake rambling about the 'hood. So in May, Arlington passed an ordinance banning venomous snakes and other poisonous reptiles.

Fairfax City Lt. Mike Artone said that a man paid for a week in advance at the Hy-Way and that the man "may be involved in some kind of similar case in Arlington County." He did not disclose the man's name because he had not been charged with a crime -- though it has long been illegal in Fairfax City to harbor venomous snakes -- and had not been located by the police.

Arlington officials said yesterday that Peter T. Nguyen, 39, of Quintana Street in North Arlington, had been given a deadline of July 1 to remove all venomous creatures from his home. Police Detective Crystal Nosal said she did not know whether animal control officers had visited Nguyen to be sure his home was venom-free.

Fairfax City police said late yesterday that an "unnamed Arlington man" called them, after being contacted by a reporter, and volunteered that, yes, the snakes of the Hy-Way Motel were indeed his.

Lt. Bert Peacher said the man planned to come to police headquarters today and pick up his summons, a misdemeanor, for harboring venomous snakes, which could subject him to a fine if convicted. The man's name would be released then.

Nguyen could not be reached for comment yesterday. He declined to speak with WRC-TV (Channel 4).

Peacher said the man explained that he was in the process of snake divestiture, had sent a number of his scaly friends to Florida but had one last batch in the area. The man said that he had placed the deadly reptiles with a friend but that the friend had to return them unexpectedly. This led the man to stash them at the Hy-Way, Peacher said, and he was unaware that they had been discovered and relocated.

Fairfax City police checked other area motels and hotels and did not find any legless guests.

Police said the snakes had been stored in vented plastic boxes, which were placed inside large vinyl bags throughout Room 11. Housekeepers who checked the room did not see anything disturbed and had no reason to open the bags, including some next to the mirrored headboard. The guest who rented the room apparently was not staying there.

But the foul odor caused the motel's proprietor to call police Thursday night, Artone said, and after discovering the slithery but seemingly contained menagerie, officers backed off until more-expert snake-handlers could be summoned.

An animal control officer and two snake experts visited the Hy-Way yesterday to catalogue the snakes and oversee their removal to an exotic-animal zoo in central Virginia, police said. The breeds included African puff adders, cottonmouths, rhinoceros vipers, albino cottonmouths, speckled rattlesnakes and a black-headed python, police said.

I'm not sure what bothers me more...The snakes all bundled in cages and bags...Or the mirror on the headboard? :huh:

PH2008071103177.jpg

Ahh....I was wondering where to share this article... :laugh:

Here's my question--in Northern VA, where this took place, how did they know what was snakes and what was just politicians??
    rofl3.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!