Carbonated drinks...

Options
KELM0710
KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
Which ones taste good and are on average pretty cheap? Even if its something I have to make(i.e. crystal light and tonic or whatever) I have tried flavored seltzer and did not like it. I think one of the reasons I like soda is because of the carbonation, helps get the gas bubbles out.

Replies

• army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nothing carbonated is good for you. I wish i could answer your question but i just drink over a gallon of water lol
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you are, but most grocery stores have a generic flavored sparkling water that's either in the soda aisle or the water aisle (each store is different). My Giant (eastern PA) has large bottles for between 59 and 69 cents each.

And carbonation isn't necessary bad. It's just dissolved CO2. That can make the drink a little acidic, but bad for you, no. I'm not a nutritionist, but am a chemist.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    They have bottles of flavored carbonated water at wal-mart that are pretty cheap, about 60 cents for a liter or something like that. If you have any Aldi near you they have to same thing that just a little bit cheaper. I use to love these, but I've cut back on my carbonated drinks since they aren't great for your teeth.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I personally like La Croix and Mendota Springs sparkling waters. 0 calories, 0 sodium, plenty of carbonation. I just drink the plain kind. Sometimes, I'll add lemon or lime juice to it.

Here's a link discussing whether carbonation is bad for you or not (it's not). http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/is-carbonation-bad-for-you.aspx
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The carbonation in soda is actually the part thats bad for you. It causes your stomach to expand and makes you more hungry. You might want to rethink it and give it up
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    The carbonation in soda is actually the part thats bad for you. It causes your stomach to expand and makes you more hungry. You might want to rethink it and give it up

Can you link to the studies where you found this information? :huh:
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do notice when I drink a soda with a meal I dont get full as fast. I thought I was just getting the gas bubbles out which take up room..wow I sound kinda silly there lol

When I drink something that does not have carbonation I get full a lot faster. I am not for giving soda up cold turkey the headaches are a B*&%^...I already get migraines occasionally. The carbonated waters if I find one I like could help me get over soda..i hope

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One of the cheaper ways is to get a soda siphon and some flavored syrups (like Torani) and make your own. I did that for a while because it allowed me to adjust how strong the soda was, and gradually reduce the strength.