** 20 foods you should be eating **

Options

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    The only thing on the list I don't eat is salmon, just can't get myself to like it. I eat tilapia often, tuna and sea food.

*patting self on back*
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The only thing on the list I don't eat is salmon, just can't get myself to like it. I eat tilapia often, tuna and sea food.

*patting self on back*

all of those are good as long as your buy the wild ones not the farm raised. I eat alot of bass and catfish do to me fishing alot lol
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options

all of those are good as long as your buy the wild ones not the farm raised. I eat alot of bass and catfish do to me fishing alot lol

YES!!! don't eat farm raised fish!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/expert.q.a/01/08/salmon.fresh.farmed.jampolis/index.html
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Already know most of this, but I tend to forget all this when I grocery shop. I tend to fill my basket with veggies, look dumbly at my partner, and go to the check-out completely forgetting about nuts and fish.

Keeping this for review because I think this is a great staple list.
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    so glad i already eat most of them!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good except for the red meat--which, as I grow older, I find I like less and less, and my system likes less and less.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    thx!! i just bought a huge head of cauliflower and bunches of broccoli and a huge thing of strawberries!! yay!!!
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    I eat most of the stuff listed on there. I love salmon, but didn't know about the difference between farm vs wild. Now I do. I love green tea as well, but I have to have that with a full stomach, it gets me very nauseaus. And I have to go back to adding the flax seed. I used to use that, but stopped. Don't know why. Thanks for the post!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great post! Learned a few things! Must be a noob ;) I'm impressed I already eat almost all these things on my regular diet as alot of this list are my favs! Gonna have to do the Olive Oil......I always stay away from oil! Plus, I think I'll start the yogurt with berries and flax.....yummy snack. Sadly, I do not like fish :(
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • AmandaGuhh
    Options
    great post
  • AmandaGuhh
    Options
    Is there an alternative to Salmon?? I tried it when I was pregnant and HATED it!!

try it "non-pregnant".. the pregnant taste buds and senses are far different when non--pregnant. Most of my favorite things I hated during pregnancy. Also try it a different way than you did the first time. Maybe that would help... Maybe lol.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Is there an alternative to Salmon?? I tried it when I was pregnant and HATED it!!

Try it with some cream cheese (light of course :D) and dill and lemon juice toss it in the oven at 450 for 18 minutes or until it flakes with a fork... my husband used to think he didn't like salmon and that recipe changed his mind.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wish i could put all this together and i would be one healthy person,, i have a hard time goin to the bathroom and this would prolly help,, i eat protein bars so i get a good amount of protein but veggies i can do with out ,, v8 juice is as close as i come.. :)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!