Going to be about 500 over today!

Options
I am already 300+ over today, due to me going to McDonalds with a friend before work this lunch time (1PM). I planned on only having a McFlurry (375 cals) and was't concerned about that as I burn calories off at work (around 900 burned today). However, my friend bought me a meal and I ate most of it as I was hungry and knew I wouldn't be eating until about 9-10PM (food in oven as we speak!).

That meal was over 1000 cals, even though I didn't eat all of it. Yesterday I was about 300 under, so is this going to make a big change in my week, or should I calm down because I've been under yesterday and probably have been in the last 7 days, and probably will be again in the next 7 days? So annoyed with myselfffff! :mad: I had a really good day yesterday as well :noway:

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    WAY over on most other things too!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you've been under most days, don't sweat it. 500 calories is not really a big deal, especially in the course of an entire week. I would probably make sure to drink some extra water to help avoid water retention due to the sodium, but otherwise, just relax and enjoy the rest of your day. :)
  • taiyola
    Options
    I get a bit stressed if I go over by more than 100, argh! Okay thanks, I'll try not to stress it... eek! :frown:
  • taiyola
    Options
    & Definitely NOT getting on the scales tomorrow lol
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    500 calories is 1/7th of a pound. If you did gain any weight by tomorrow, it would be water weight, and that doesn't count anyway.
  • lucylmtc
    lucylmtc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dont worry too much. We will all have bad days. Have a good sleep tonight, put it behind you and tomorrow is a new day. Good luck. x
  • KatyG0409
    KatyG0409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I made that mistake myself the other day...no worries. I pick right back up, do some exercise to make up for it a bit if I can. If not, I have a better day tomorrow! It is okay to indulge once in a while, just don't make it a habit! :)
  • taiyola
    Options
    I guessss so. Tomorrow and Saturday I have work so should burn quite a few cals then!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of extra water. And then in the future have a piece of fruit with you about 30 minutes before you eat (my choice would be a banana), but you will get full faster when you go to a fast food place and less likely to overeat. All in all though, you do great on a day to day basis... so don't beat yourself up over it.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Move on and drink up the water. Whatever you had at McD's is high in sodium.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The sodium in that McDonald's is going to affect the scale more than going 500 calories over. Drink a bunch of water and relax. Even 500 calories over for a day probably only brings you to your maintenance calorie level.
  • flaquitadelafrontera
    Options
    Don't stress missy! I firmly believe that it's what you eat/do in a week, not in a day and so far that has produced results for me! Don't be so had on yourself girly:)