Where are the men?!

Options
And I'm not asking that the way you think! I'm a man, but looking around there aren't many on the forum and I can't help feeling outnumbered.

To quickly do the intro: I'm James and have been "big-boned" to various degrees my entire life. It's mainly bad diet, I enjoy running but then undo all the good work with junk food and beer.

I started using the iPhone app because I wanted to experienent with a food diary and have been amazed at the difference it made, I'm far more aware and conscious of what I'm eating - and even though I'm still eating junk food, it's in moderation. Hence a little dipping my toes in the water of the forum.

However, I'm hitting the stage where I know the motivation is wearing off, and a little peer pressure would help no end, so feel free (in fact PLEASE) send a friend request my way.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <--Man! I know 'cause my wife said so! :bigsmile:
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm here
  • mmcain
    mmcain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm here
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yes?
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    ALL MAN!!!!
  • devildog525
    Options
    Here
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are plenty of us guys on here - but we are most certainly outnumbered... :laugh:

I highly recommend you check out this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
    It helps to realize that it's perfectly normal for motivation to wane - you just have to push through it and keep on going.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Here too man
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Man here!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Yo
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    Options
    What's up?
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're one of the few. Get your male buddies to join. I'm not a guy, but I wonder where the men are too. Men fight the pudge too but have their own issues, and they can't all just get into the girlie-talk. I'm thinking of getting my boyfriend on here since he's partly involved in my bad weekend food choices. I am a bit jealous of men since they tend to burn fat a little faster than we do. Welcome and good luck! I'm new here too. - Amy
  • threechins
    threechins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly. I didn't expect so many responses, and certainly not so quickly. And loads of friends requests too! Thank-you everyone.

And some really inspirational weight loss figures too - along with a good link.

Thanks to you all, I'm certainly feeling the peer pressure.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We're so outnumbered on here
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

But the ratio of women:men certainly sounds appealing in its own way. :bigsmile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Here. (Last time I checked anyway :laugh: )
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT a man... but I do wonder too what the ratio is... but we all need friends to motivate us!!!! Friend me if you need a girly perspective!

L.
  • threechins
    threechins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    But the ratio of women:men certainly sounds appealing in its own way. :bigsmile:

It's usually a sign of civilisation...
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Yes it do!!!
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    Another here...