Non Threatening Work Out DVD's?

Options
I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions for work out dvd's for my mom. She complains that she never has enough time and is always tired... etc... you know the usual excuses. I know she likes to sort of dance when shes cleaning and such so I am wondering if you can recomend a good, easy, not too long and non threatening zumba or similar work out dvd or series?

thanks!

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVD's are perfect for her! She does Walk Aerobics...very simple basic moves. Tell her to get maybe the 5 mile walk because you can start out doing 1 mile and work your way up to 5 miles. Each mile takes only 12 minutes so she can do as much as she can squeeze in. I LOVE her DVD's!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVD's are perfect for her! She does Walk Aerobics...very simple basic moves. Tell her to get maybe the 5 mile walk because you can start out doing 1 mile and work your way up to 5 miles. Each mile takes only 12 minutes so she can do as much as she can squeeze in. I LOVE her DVD's!

Yep that would be my suggestion too. I love them because It doesn't feel like you are competing with the host! And the moves are simple yet change enough to not be boring!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

I only have two of Leslie's dvds but I ♥ them! A good recommendation =)
  • mrspdl
    mrspdl Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with Just1for me... I absolutely LOVE any of Leslie Sansone's DVD's! I've been working out with her DVD's for years and they have always worked for me. :smile:
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    Sounds like the vote is unanimous! Thanks everyone :)
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    the sansone dvd's are good to start off with and when she's ready, move her up to Zumba Basics which is a dvd that includes an hour of teaching her the steps and a 20 minute cardio. ;)
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with some good ol' fashioned Richard Simmons! My mom loved working out to his videos.