always under on fat?!?!

Options
I am always wayyyyyy under on fat. I'm talking 6 or 7 grams when mfp is telling me I should be eating 45. I know its not good to eat too little fat because your body does need it, but I don't know how to incorporate it into my diet without going over on calories! Everything with fat has higher calories, so I tend to stick to low fat or fat free everything because its lower calorie, and therfore I barely have any fat in my diet. Any thoughts?? :)

Replies

• Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Almonds and Avocados. They are good fats and good for you.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. I always use non-stick spray for cooking, so I started factoring it into my calories and the fat started adding up. Also, I never knew that fruit has fat. 2 Medium-large peaches have a gram of fat. Why don't you try reduced-fat cheeses. Those aren't too high-cal.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Peanut butter!
    And I always try to eat yogurt / drink milk with fat... I know it's higher cal, but they're good calories, and the fat-free varieties always tend to have more nasties in them.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Fat is really helpful in helping you feel satiated. By having everything lowfat/no fat, I bet you're causing yourself to be hungrier than you would if you included some of these higher calorie foods. Maybe get rid of the "No fat" stuff... it tends to be pretty tasteless (and more processed) anyway.

That said, I decided to modify my fat percentage in my goals. It's now only 25% of my daily macro-nutrients instead of 30%. I feel like 30% should be the maximum amount of fat in my diet, not a goal I should shoot for.