attention big calorie burners ...

bunnysone
bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I have many friends who burn big calories regularly - over 1000. I have challenged them to burn more calories than me this weekend.

Tomorrow I have a big calorie burning day with a lot of cycling and running and I am planning to be burning well into the 4 digit calories.

Is there anybody out there who is up for the challenge of doing the same thing? Burn as many calories as you can Saturday or Sunday and beat mine :)

Replies

• spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Count me in :)
    Two Days of P90x + obligatory Cycling ;)
    Maybe some running intervalls...if I am not to down :)

Ahhh...you know that of course.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    awww.. I would have so taken up your challenge if I didn't injure my ankle a few days ago... next weekend! :)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    I BURN 2500 TO 3000 ADAY WHAT KIND OF NUMBERS YOU TALKING ABOUT
  • bunnysone
    Hey spaboleo - I expect nothing from the best from you - as you expect nothing but the best from yourself!!

R4z0r4Mm0 - You need to get your ankle right. But, I'll hold you to the challenge for you to complete it next weekend if you like! How that for motivation to get your ankle right ;)
  • bunnysone
    Hey Edbenagio - Im hoping to get around that level!

Im heading to Canberra (mountainbike capital of Australia) - my husband is doing the 100km capital punishment mountainbike event and I have around 6 hours to kill with a bike and my running shoes - and I feel like I'm up for it!
  • bunnysone
    Hey Edbenagio - Im hoping to get around that level!

Im heading to Canberra (mountainbike capital of Australia) - my husband is doing the 100km capital punishment mountainbike event and I have around 6 hours to kill with a bike and my running shoes - and I feel like I'm up for it!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    I DO THAT 2500 TO 3000 ADAY BEFORE NOON. I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FIR ABOUT 45 DAYS NOW AND NOW IT IS HARD AS HELL TO GET THAT MANY SO THOSE DAYS MAY BE OVER
  • bunnysone
    Hey Edbenaglio, Im not trying to make this a regular thing, just there are some people out there who regularly burn and are quite capable of burning high amounts of calories through serious hard work.

I need to add a disclaimer though - for those of you who are not used to doing this and who dont know how to eat for and after it then you shouldnt be trying something like this.

But, as I mentioned, I have friends who do this kind of thing regularly who are strong enough for a one day challenge, who know the recovery they will need afterwards.

I dont believe it is healthy to be constantly burning that amount - it sounds like you are burning yourself out and this may not be for you.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Count me in. I'll log mine on Saturday after I'm done.
  • How high are we talking? If I recover tonight, I could probably double up the kettlebell tomorrow - that would put me in roughly the 2000 range...
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    I'll hit the elliptical machine hard this weekend- and run some sprints too!!
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    I am soooo game! I will accept your challange!
  • bunnysone
    Great guys to see you in!!

I've been burning well over 1000 calories most days this week with a bit of a rest day today.

This is a challenge for ME too. I want to see what I can do and I want to get over 2000 calories. I need to push myself hard, I need to step it up to the next level as I can see myself plateauing on weight loss and Im hoping that this will kick start on MY goals too.

Having others who are trying to do the same thing is going to motivate me more - so thank you :)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Count me in!! I have a 60 mile bike ride planned for Saturday and that should give me about 3000+. I will say I do ride on a regular basis and I'm used to the high calorie burn!!
  • bunnysone
    Oooh Piccolarj - you are going to push me so hard - I love it :)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    This will be my longest ride. The longest I've ever done was 50 so it will be a push for me too but I am determined to do it and finish!!! It will probablly take me all of Sunday to recover!!
  • bunnysone
    its nice to be pushed!! And it doesnt matter if it takes a couple of days to recover if you know that your body will need that time!

At least im not doing 100km mountainbiking, Jason will probably burn well over 3000 calories tomorrow with such a huge event!!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Have fun you guys! YOu all are amazing...I don't know how you do it! I'm beat after challenging myself to burn 600 calories!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Whaaaattt? I usuallt burn about 400 calories when I serriously work out!
    You guys are troopers(: I'm not used to that kind of work!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    This will be my longest ride. The longest I've ever done was 50 so it will be a push for me too but I am determined to do it and finish!!! It will probablly take me all of Sunday to recover!!

I be riding 50 on Saturday. Don't know if I could do 60... 50 and I'm pooped.
This discussion has been closed.