Return to resting heart rate after workout.

Options
My resting heart rate tends to be low - 65-69. During about a 15 minute workout it can average 125-130 and sometimes hit 140-160. Then, a 30-60 seconds after completing workout it goes back to about 85-90. This all sounds good to me (I like the quick recovery), but I wonder how long until I should expect to be back at my normal at-rest heart rate. Anyone else want to share your heart rate patterns?

Replies

• msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    Usually at the end of my runs I sprint home pushing my heart rate between 100-105% of max (my HRM is set to %) and when I stop it is back to normal in 3-4 minutes of walking/crawling!
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is somewhere around 80-90 BPM. After a warm-up mine is around 140, hard effort is around 160-170. It doesn't take long to get back to 140 (maybe 60-90 seconds). Complete resting heart rate takes about 3 minutes after a full workout session.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I will have to leave my HRM on for five minutes or so after I have completed workouts to see how long it takes. Thank you for sharing!
  • TravisinMelb
    Options
    Takes me about 4 minutes to get back to normal...not sure whatL that means
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To take your resting heart rate, you need to take it as soon as you wake up and while still horizontal in bed before getting up.

Some of these resting heart rates seem very high, especially given that you all seem to be fit and active people and looking at avatar pics (assuming they are relatively recent)

My resting heart rate is around 56 but when I am up and about it usually records between 70-90