This is the BEST site ever!!

Options
Hello All,

I just joined today and I am very optimistic about reaching my goals. I am a teacher and I just finished a course in philosphy. The main theme through most of the brilliant educational philosphers from Plato to Dewey is the need for discipline and self-control in order to be a virtuous person. Obtaining virute is also the only way to self-actualization. I found this to be so true. You can't achieve true happiness unless you are happy with every part of yourself. For me, my weight was getting in the way. Anyway, I have found the discipline I lacked previously - and surprisingly, I am not at all hungry.

Wendy

77508.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• teacher3506
    teacher3506 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I just joined today and I am very optimistic about reaching my goals. I am a teacher and I just finished a course in philosphy. The main theme through most of the brilliant educational philosphers from Plato to Dewey is the need for discipline and self-control in order to be a virtuous person. Obtaining virute is also the only way to self-actualization. I found this to be so true. You can't achieve true happiness unless you are happy with every part of yourself. For me, my weight was getting in the way. Anyway, I have found the discipline I lacked previously - and surprisingly, I am not at all hungry.

Wendy

77508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    welcome.. and YES its awsome.... people on here are real and helpful... so good luck and welcome to our mfp fam :bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome. What a terrific way to be thinking of weight loss. You can do this.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site (I've been on here exactly 1 month now!) and it really is a wonderful and comprehensive way to make this transition to a healthier lifestyle!

Best wishes!!

:happy: :happy: :happy: