Changed Goals, calorie limit looks a bit crazy...

brandonryan86
brandonryan86 Posts: 8
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've reached my healthy weight and I've changed my goals to "maintain current weight"....my daily calorie goal went to just over 2500 from 1600. That just seems a bit much to me...is that right?

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    could be about right - were you shooting for a 2lb / week loss on 1600? that's a 1000 calorie difference
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    For some reason I feel like it swapped you from man to woman. That does seem very low for a guy. Maybe re-do it and check everything you come across?

Oh wait, it went UP? then yes it is right!! I thought it went down from 25 to 16, whoa! :D that makes way more sense now. Yes, 2500 seems very reasonable for a man of average height. (5'6 and up usually)
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    What an awesome problem to have...lol! I think I would take it slowly and add a couple hundred calories a day and keep your eye on the scale to see where your "sweet spot" is. Just an idea...good luck!
  • Hrmm...maybe I'm just too used to striving for that 1,6! lol I'm going to have fun with this 2,5 :D
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    So I've reached my healthy weight and I've changed my goals to "maintain current weight"....my daily calorie goal went to just over 2500 from 1600. That just seems a bit much to me...is that right?

Depends what you were trying to lose before. I am at maintenance and I have to eat 2220 daily. I'm 5'8" 165 so if you are bigger than me, that could easily be right.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    What an awesome problem to have...lol! I think I would take it slowly and add a couple hundred calories a day and keep your eye on the scale to see where your "sweet spot" is. Just an idea...good luck!
    Great tip to keep in mind when I reach maintenance. That will allow your body time to adjust to the increase in foods too.

Congrats on your successful loss and here's to a successful transition to a new healthy life!!
This discussion has been closed.