Unexpected NSV -- Am I alone?

Options
2»

Replies

• almeria1
    almeria1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG! I feel like I'm reading something I wrote! My husband has also said the same thing about me. I've gone shooping and felt great about the outcome!
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    It was sort of the opposite for me, but I think it's the same phenomenon. In October, I had surgery to fix a health problem. Due to that surgery, I had a lot of free time - including a few months of relative down time at work - where I didn't have as much work as I needed to stay really busy. I used the time to get organized - at home and at work. Between getting organized and suddenly feeling much, MUCH better after my surgery, I started to take control of other areas of my life. I made a resolution this year to both be more aware of the image I present to the world, and less image-conscious simultaneously - started making upgrades to my appearance, and worrying a lot less about how utterly ridiculous I might look, oh, say, exercising? I gave myself permission to do a lot of stuff I thought would look foolish (at least, if I were to do them, since goodness knows, EVERYBODY's Watching ME! - I'm not paranoid or anything).

End of January, I started using the MFP app, then came upon the website and all. I'm finally losing weight, learning about my nutritional choices, and feeling great about it. So it's the opposite order, but I think bringing structure to one part of your life brings more order to other pieces. It feels great!
  • feelsgood
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Today is my first full day and reading your post is inspirational : ) Keep up the great work!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Today is my first full day and reading your post is inspirational : ) Keep up the great work!

Glad to help! Feel free to add me if you'd like an extra friend to cheer you on. Oh, and welcome. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!