singing the praises of....

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
North Coast Naturals 100% ISO Protein Powder (Chocolate Flavour)

WOW!!! So, I picked up Oxygen Magazine's Abs special issue (you all need to get this mag - SO full of great info and really level-headed tips, recipes and advice INCLUDING a week's sample diet of amazing whole foods all within 1300 to 1500 calories a day) and it was talking about fueling your work outs and so on. My naturopath has already recommended I take a protein shake every day but I have never been a fan as I've yet to find one that isn't gritty or has a weird aftertaste. Well, there was a recipe in the mag for a protein smoothie and one of the ingredients was chocolate whey protein powder. I love chocolate. So, I picked one up at the grocery store today and gave it a test run after my kick @$$ stroller fitness teaching today. To keep it real, I just added the scoop of powder to water and blended it. It's SO tasty!!! Afterward I added 3 strawberries but the whole thing was about 140 cals (with the berries), a great sweet tooth moment, and 24g of protein! I had to give it a post because this is a find way too good to miss, if you haven't entered the bizarre world of protein powders! :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    North Coast Naturals 100% ISO Protein Powder (Chocolate Flavour)

WOW!!! So, I picked up Oxygen Magazine's Abs special issue (you all need to get this mag - SO full of great info and really level-headed tips, recipes and advice INCLUDING a week's sample diet of amazing whole foods all within 1300 to 1500 calories a day) and it was talking about fueling your work outs and so on. My naturopath has already recommended I take a protein shake every day but I have never been a fan as I've yet to find one that isn't gritty or has a weird aftertaste. Well, there was a recipe in the mag for a protein smoothie and one of the ingredients was chocolate whey protein powder. I love chocolate. So, I picked one up at the grocery store today and gave it a test run after my kick @$$ stroller fitness teaching today. To keep it real, I just added the scoop of powder to water and blended it. It's SO tasty!!! Afterward I added 3 strawberries but the whole thing was about 140 cals (with the berries), a great sweet tooth moment, and 24g of protein! I had to give it a post because this is a find way too good to miss, if you haven't entered the bizarre world of protein powders! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    what is a stroller fitness class?
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I teach a fitness class where participants (me included!) bring their young children (in strollers) and work out! The intensity is appropriate for people in their first post-partum year and the pace and activities are meant to keep the little ones entertained. We usually do about 50 minutes of cardio (power walking interspersed with strength) then a focused 20 minute strength portion with free weights and yoga. I started it 5 weeks ago because I love group fitness, I have a beautiful ocean-front path a block from my house, and I hold my personal training certification so I thought 'why not?!' :happy:

There are many stroller-friendly programs out there. You can look at personal training agencies, places that offer other bootcamps, and I believe there's actually an organization called stroller fit which you could google.