New here

snow7kids
snow7kids Posts: 25
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I just found this site today. I've been keeping a food journal for over a week now but decided to recored my progress here instead. I like how easy the tools are to use on this site. I am trying to lose 14 lbs...that really isn't much weight but the last bit does come off the slowest. I've given birth to 7 kids and gained a LOT during most of my pregnancies. I always eventually lose the weight after but haven't
been under 140 (I am 5'4") in 10 years. With effort I can sometimes manage to get my weight to 140 but then something happens (like I take a vacation) and it goes up 5-10lbs. I've been walking 5 days a week with some friends...we walk for an hour. I've been doing that since sept...though I need to return to adding things like squats, push ups etc for stronger muscles. I am sure the walking is helping but it isn't really that challenging. I hope to come here for support, motivation and accountability. I tend to have all or nothing thinking with food.....In the past I have either starved myself or gorged and wasn't really interested in the thought of losing slowly....but it really hasn't gotten me anywhere....so I look forward to tracking my daily effort and losing at whatever pace my body chooses.

Replies

• snow7kids
    snow7kids Posts: 25
    Hi. I just found this site today. I've been keeping a food journal for over a week now but decided to recored my progress here instead. I like how easy the tools are to use on this site. I am trying to lose 14 lbs...that really isn't much weight but the last bit does come off the slowest. I've given birth to 7 kids and gained a LOT during most of my pregnancies. I always eventually lose the weight after but haven't
    been under 140 (I am 5'4") in 10 years. With effort I can sometimes manage to get my weight to 140 but then something happens (like I take a vacation) and it goes up 5-10lbs. I've been walking 5 days a week with some friends...we walk for an hour. I've been doing that since sept...though I need to return to adding things like squats, push ups etc for stronger muscles. I am sure the walking is helping but it isn't really that challenging. I hope to come here for support, motivation and accountability. I tend to have all or nothing thinking with food.....In the past I have either starved myself or gorged and wasn't really interested in the thought of losing slowly....but it really hasn't gotten me anywhere....so I look forward to tracking my daily effort and losing at whatever pace my body chooses.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Well hi!
    This is a great place.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Welcome to MFP! If you have any questions just ask!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.