ew hanging skin

Options
I've had a little loose skin on my belly since I had my son. Now that ive lost 8 lbs its getting even worse. Is there anywy to get rid of that without surgery?:sick:

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've had a little loose skin on my belly since I had my son. Now that ive lost 8 lbs its getting even worse. Is there anywy to get rid of that without surgery?:sick:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I had that discovery today too. I got BAD stretch marks from my daughter and now it's lookin nasty (I know I am stuck with the stretch marks....anyway to shrink them a little though....they are monsters).

Any suggestions?
  • ambee0803
    Options
    coco butter? i used it while I was pregnant and my stretch marks arent too bad
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    vitamin E oil or cream REALLY helps with stretchmarks, scars etc... as for the loose skin, I think that the best way to get rid of that, or to at least make it better is to tone your muscles, so sit ups, crunches, anything really... Good luck guys:flowerforyou:
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WONDER HOW WE CAN TIGHTEN THE SKIN WITHOUT SURGERY? MINE HANGS DOWNNNNN. I DO NOT LIKE IT BUT, WHAT CAN WE DO? LOTION SOMETIMES DOES TAKE CARE OF STRETCH MARKS AT LEAST LIGHTENS IT. :noway:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I had to get rid of my loose skin with surgery. On a good note, it has been at least 10 years and I am very happy with the results to this day.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies no workout for saggy skin from weight loss or pregnancy- And sugery is the only remedy- but you have to take the good with the bad-- I have them too it looks like spiderman attacked my belly but there isn't anything i can do until I get my tummy tuck- Sorry it wasn't the advice you wanted to hear regarding saggy skin-- as far as making them look less visible I have no idea I have heard many things from cocoa butter, vitamin e, tanning beds, scar cream- and non of which worked hell I rubbed so much cocoa butter on my belly while i was prego it was like a slip n slide and it still didn't stop it- so no remedy making them less visible either
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'll try to find vitamin E cream or oil too.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Here's more news you don't want!... topical lotions of any kind do nothing for stretch marks. Genetics is most of it and during pregnancy the best preventative action is taking a very high quality omega-3 supplement because it's a lower layer of skin (not the epidermis) that tears to create those marks.

Once there's sagging skin it's live with it or go under the knife. Losing slowly is important to try to prevent that but there's no fix, sadly. I'm sooooo worried about this issue as the weight comes off...
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    if it's not too bad you can have laser treaments to tighten the skin up otherrwise surgery it is
  • ambee0803
    Options
    About how much does it cost to get a tummy tuck?
  • damselfly25
    Options
    laser treatments help with stretch marks but not sagging skin...:sad:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am having my "saggy skin surgery" in less than 48 hours. I am really excited and really nervous.
  • TracyFace
    TracyFace Posts: 65
    Options
    Last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I didn't get a lot of sagging skin. Of course I still had almost 100 lbs I needed to lose. I have heard the older you are the harder it is to get the skin back to its original elasticity. I am not sure, and I am older now, so I guess I better start saving for that tummy tuck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ya know...I'll share...

The other day I was thinking that if we could use the hair clips...You know the "chomping ones" that people flip their hair up into now? Just put one on one side of the tummy, connected to one leg, and the other side of the tummy to the other leg, it would actually work to flatten...

Oh never mind...But maybe a belly scrunchie??? :ohwell:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I know that pregnancy causes sagging skin because the skin stretches so big so fast. I also know being overweight for a long time (7+ years I believe) can cause skin to sag. Also, the older you are the more likely your skin will sag.

But what if you have been overweight for 6 years, and only obese for 3 years, no kids and you're 23? Haha, yes, very specific and obviously about me. I am thinking that since I have age on my side, and haven't been this big all that long I will hopefully be ok as long as a lose no more than 2 pounds a week. Right? maybe? Hopefully?

I mean, if it happens it happens, at least I'll be healthy, but I was just wondering.