So glad I found this site!

Options
RajwaJ
RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
Hello Everyone!

My name is Josephine. I am trying to lose weight after putting on 2st 8lb (36lb) over 18 months while on the pill Microgyn 30 despite not changing my life style and being the same weight for almost 10 years. My last appointment with the nurse was really depressing when she said my BMI reading said I was obese. I came off the pill after the New Year and very quickly lost just over a stone with no diet involved.

I suffer with joint pain (not helped by my joints being hyperflexible) and the extra weight gain from being on the pill made it worse. It really depressed me but was enough to have me stop and think NO MORE!

Although the extra weight is dropping off now I am no longer on the pill I have decided now would be a good time to change my diet and maybe help my joints by maybe losing some of the extra weight I was carrying before the weight gain. The BMI chart says my ideal weight (middle of being normal) is 10st 5lb (145lb) but I know on my build I would probably end up looking ill. I have put this down as my target but I will probably just stop when I think I am at a healthy weight.

This site is just fantastic. Its making me more aware of how much I eat and what I eat. And everyone seems to post really interesting things on the forum.

Wish me luck!
x