NSV - Non Scale Victories...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
okay i know we all have them and some of us share and some just let them build up to give us a "private" boost when we are feeling down....BUT today i would like everyone to share one RECENT NSV (non scale victory)....

this morning i wrapped myself in my towel after the shower...there was a good 12" on the top of the towel and 6" in the middle and the bottom overlapping the under layer....that is a HUGE NSV for me....my top used to just close with maybe an inch or 2 overlapping and the bottom was always "flapping" open where i would have to hold it closed if i didnt want anyone to see my "nether" region....

okay your turn...what is your NSV???

Replies

• plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! This morning, I was able to zip and button a pair of my old favorite jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a yr! whoohoo! NSV are such a great feeling! Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Last night I went for an after-dinner walk around the block while talking on the phone with a friend...I walked 5 miles without even realizing it. It was pretty great.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of jeans out of the dryer that I used to have to "squeeze" into whenever I washed them until I stretched them out after the first wear out of the wash. I was able to pull them up and button them without sucking in or doing the jean jiggle! Felt great!!!
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    I woke up this morning for my workout at 4:30 am (yuck!) and for the first time, I WASN'T TIRED!! Haha it was a great feeling. The alarm went off and my body was ready to go! :happy:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive reduced my caffeine intake by 75% by swapping 2 water:smile:
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea, and grats to all on your NSV's

Mine - last Friday it was quite cold out in the evening so before I left I went to get my jacket, on a whim I grabbed one my mum bought me a few years ago and it would never zip all the way up.

It zipped all the way up and was pretty comfy too, great feeling :happy:
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    While I was getting dressed this morning I put on my bra and relized it was to big both in band and cup size. Time to go shopping :flowerforyou:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i had THREE this very morning!

1.- found the courage somewhere deep inside to get up and go for a 1.5mile run this morning
    2.- had so much extra fabric at the end of my belt after looping, that i had to pin it down so it wouldnt flop around all day
    3.- recieved an unsolicited compliment from a co-worker this morning saying how tiny my waist is looking!

these three things on top of the fact that i am wearing adorable new heels, was able to drive to work with the sunroof open- (yay spring!- finallly) and that i'm all hopped up on endorphins right now is just going to make for an absolutely awesome day!

WOOOOOOHOOO!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This morning I did The Firm Cardio Sculpt, which I bought in 2003/2004 with fanny lifter.Back then, I would fast forward through certain sections because I thought they were redundant or just too hard for me and I thought an hour was too long of a workout. I've don"t this workout off and since then but it's been a year since the last time. After doing the elliptical Bob Harpers' Pure Burn, I thought I'd give this a try again to change things up. It was great. I was able to do the whole hour without FFWD, but more importantly, I GOT IT. I read the packaging when I bought it and knew how it was supposed to work, but today after joining MFP reading the message boards, doing Bob and seeing results, I truly get it. Side note, as of this morning, I weigh a couple of pound less then I did when I bought The Firm 6 years ago! YEH!! happy dance, happy dance!! Congrats to you!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of pants that are the exact same style but different colors. I was stuck wearing my least favorite pair today - I don't like them because for some reason they Just Don't Fit Right - because the other pair was in the wash.

They seem to Fit Just Right this morning.

It's the little things, you know?
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    While I was getting dressed this morning I put on my bra and relized it was to big both in band and cup size. Time to go shopping :flowerforyou:
    I noticed that too, my bra is not digging into my skin causing me to have to adjust it throughout the day. That's great!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm starting work next week and I wanted a new pair of pants to strut my stuff. Feeeling optimistic I ordered a pair of size 2 pants telling myself not to be disappointed if they didn't fit. Well, not only did they fit but they fit well, I didn't even have to squeeze into them. When I told my husband he said, 'Oh, I could've told you your a size 2.'
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My muffin top is gone and I can finally wear blouses tucked into my jeans. Plus, I was able to tighten my belt by 3 notches!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I went to the Van Huessen (Sp?) outlet last weekend with my hubby and tried on spring shirts. I came out in the first one and he said "That's a little big. Is that the large?" Nope. It was the medium! I needed a SMALL!!!!! Granted, that shirt ran big b/c the other shirt I got was a large, but that's not really the point . I have a SMALL in my closet. I'm going to pull it out and wear it on the days I'm feeling fat! LOL! :laugh:

Also I did my measurements for the first time since November. I lost an inch in my neck and a half inch in my arms. My arms are one of my "problem areas" and neither of those have moved since August until now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!