My New Quest

Options
Ezwoldo
Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
Hi

I have never really been one that would go on a diet or calorie count or anything like that, but since giving up smoking for what I hope is the last time I have put on over 10kg after being the lightest I have been for a few years last summer. So now with my normal regime it was not budging and I stayed at a very disappointed 207lb, even after all the exercise I do. So here goes my quest for a 14lb drop by May. I just hope it is as easy as it was when I lost almost 70lb in 3 years by doing nothing more than eating breakfast, although I was still in my 20's then which helps. If not I will just have to dig in and get on with it.

Intro over so Hi I'm new

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Diet is 80% of the fat loss equation, if you had a public diary I could offer tips specific to you but here are a few general tips;
    1) eat at least 30% of your breakfast meal as protein I like 30g within 30 mins of waking
    2) eat clean, get lots of veggies and the minimum of processed foods in the diet
    3) if you use sugar in tea or coffee switch to organic honey, despite what you may think its will not have the same insulin spike that sugar does and the health benefits make it a far better choice. if you drink coffee throw in a dash of cinnamon as well it has huge health benefits and stabilized blood sugar (no more than 1.5 tsps per day though as it can also be a highly effective blood thinner)
    4) if you workout drink between 250-500 mls of 1% choc milk post workout, it is hands down the best recovery drink and when drank within 10 mins post workout you will not be feeling nearly as tired or dragged out. I like to follow it up with a good protein shake 15 mins after the choc milk.
    feel free to add me as a friend if you like I made a mens group with weekly challenges geared to just such a need.