Meeting the REAL ME - as opposed to the FAT ME

Options
I was thinking today about why I`ve had an attitude change about the changes to my diet and exercise regime (ie, from bad and none to healthy and daily), and I think the conclusion that I have come to is that I want to meet myself. Not the person who wears clothes with the inevitable X (often more than one) on the label, and who hasn`t see her natural jaw line in years, and who is always the largest one in the pictures and who is always tugging and pulling and readjusting her clothes for maximum coverage and comfort. No, not that person, I want to meet the person I am supposed to be. You know, the way nature intended, with obvious hip, shoulder, collar and jaw bones, without the 'extra padding', without the thunder thighs, without the gut that gets in the way more often than not. I want to know what I am supposed to look like. When I was a lot closer to my ideal weight, I wasn't aware of how big I would let myself get so I didn't pay attention to what it felt like to have a flat stomach, or a great butt, or stamina. I remember making a deal with myself more than 12 years ago that when my upper stomach spilled over my pants, I would put a stop to the madness and regain control. But, I didn't keep my part of the bargain and here I am, more than 100 pounds overweight and not happy about it. Somewhere along the line I stopped taking care of myself. I unknowingly told myself that that dessert ( or insert -extra helping, large fries, chocolate bar, pizza, etc) was more important than my weight, my health, my life. Well, this is where I draw the line. I am making another deal, a deal that will change my life. A deal that I intend to keep with myself. So, thank you to all my MFP friends for being part of this change and for offering your support. And a thank you to my future self for kicking my current self in the (very chubby) behind in an effort to break free from the prison I have put her in, one bite at a time..............

Replies

• Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    When I was 228lbs I knew the *real* me was in there somewhere. The *real* me liked to play with my kids, liked to wear bathing suits, liked to fit into an airplane seat comfortably. The *real* me wanted to feel pretty and be able to wear cute clothes. The *real* me was inside screaming and I had to let her out! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling and I am happy to say the *real* me is out and doing all the things I always wanted that I couldn't do before. I lost 90lbs by completely changing how I look at food and exercise. You sound determined and that alone makes a world of difference! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I hope somewhere in the process you will change your user name from funsover to funbegins. You can do it.