Shirataki noodles?

Options
Anyone tried these? My mom and I both bought a bag to try...but without even opening them, the thought kind of nauseates me for some reason. I was just wondering how people prepare them and how they taste, if anyone knows! Thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Lauren

Replies

• cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i eat them all the time! They definitely look weird and they smell fishy when you open them. I put them in a strainer and rinse them with cold water for a minute or so. I then dry them off with paper towels and just microwave them with some pasta sauce for 3 minutes when i have a killer pasta craving!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Alright...lol I'm still a little frightened, but I'll give it a shot. I was thinking maybe putting them in a stir fry or something..
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love them. I have done them as spaghetti and as chicken noodle soup. Definitely rinse well, microwave, and blot dry with paper towels before eating or adding to your recipe. I was scared to try them, too, but they're so low calorie that they're worth the extra effort.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i LOVE them :) just prepare them like the package says. i eat them with white clam sauce, or light alfredo sauce. i'll throw in some shrimp, or spinach.
  • sapiers
    sapiers Posts: 14
    Options
    I use them a lot in place of soba noodles to make asian soups or in place of rice in stir fry. They definitely have a different consistancy but really no taste on their own, the absorb most any flavor they are cooked with
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot guys! I'll call my mom too and tell her not to be afraid lol