Super sore.

Options
I jogged 2 miles yesterday (1 more than usual) and my upper thighs are just killing me. I have to work 5-close at work today (fast food) and will be standing/walking the whole time.

Any ideas on how to ease some of the soreness off? I've already been doing lots of stretching...

Replies

• Larry1369
    Larry1369 Posts: 59
    Options
    I jogged 2 miles yesterday (1 more than usual) and my upper thighs are just killing me. I have to work 5-close at work today (fast food) and will be standing/walking the whole time.

Any ideas on how to ease some of the soreness off? I've already been doing lots of stretching...
    Get someone to massage your legs and drink lots of water.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sore muscles feel worse when not used. The walking will help them feel better. Ibuprofen will help too! Don't stretch unless you warm up first, you can hurt yourself.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    tiger balm is great for sore muscles, but it smells to high heaven :laugh: I agree with the walking, have to keep them moving, good luck
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Assuming the pain is muscular, no joint-related then it's just normal DOMS because your legs are not conditioned to the distance yet. It'll come...

In the meantime keep moving when you can (it's worse when you've been sitting a long time or similar).

To be honest it shouldn't be that bad to necessitate proper intervention like brufen gel or voltaren or similar. Maybe some 'deep heat' at a push.

Adequate protein intake and good hydration can also make a major difference how bad DOMS you get.