Just Not Hungry

Options
There are times when I'm just not hungry and don't completely eat all the calories I should. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? Any advice on what to do when your just not hungry? I really don't know if I believe in the force feeding myself.

Replies

• scaris01
    scaris01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have tried but I always end up throwing it up if I force feed so why bother, ive had a hard time eating the past few days and today especially, im just not feeling the food today!
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would say to skip the meal or eat something really small (half an apple w/1 tbs peanut butter) or maybe a snack bar. I think you need to listen to your body (and the fact that you are aware of your lack of hunger is a great thing!).

Also, if you are eating healthy foods most of the time, then eating less is even less of a worry since you are probably getting most of the nutrients your body needs. Now, if you aren't hungry all the time, then maybe put a little more focus on improving your metabolism via strength training and cardio.

So, as long as you are feeling good, eat light, and keep going!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I show a need for something and I'm not feeling it...I'll fix a glass of chocolate milk to get in some calcium. Nothing major, but just what I do.
  • abray84
    abray84 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice...I'll definitely keep it in mind
  • isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    I am the same way! I am never really hungry except at Breakfast and Dinner. I feel good all day, tons of energy and I just feel happy so I'm not sure if its something to worry about if I don't feel weak.