Olive Garden.......

Options
2»

Replies

• raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Capellini pomodoro is a really healthy meal. I worked at OG for a year and a half. The breadsticks are totally bad for you, and so is the salad. A lunch portion cap pom and a bowl of minestrone would probably be your best bet. Good luck to you and ENJOY! ;)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    UPDATE:

So, I survived lunch.....
    I did not eat a breadstick......Yay me!!!! I usually had three, maybe four!!
    I had the salad without the dressing...and it's not any good without it....but I ate most of the goodies out of my bowl.....lettuce was bitter!!!

I ate the Venetian Apricot Chicken lunch portion!!!

For a grand total of 400 calories!!!! More than I would usually eat for lunch....but I enjoyed my husband's company!!!
  • fairygurl62
    Options
    I used to work at Olive Garden and you can also order a la carte. You could order a side of pasta (plain) , a side of plain broccoli, a side of zucchini & squash, plain grilled chicken breast, they also have fat free italian dressing, or you can request oil & balsamic vinegar, You can also request the sliced ciabatta bread (plain), and you can also order the breadsticks plain too (not butter, no salt).
    The minestrone soup is also pretty good to, and there are a lot of veggies in that.
    They also have whole wheat pasta, which is good with the cappelini pomodoro.
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    fairygirl62 good pointers! I will be ordering whole wheat pasta next time we go! BTW: I say enjoy your lunch have a light dinner :)
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    UPDATE:

So, I survived lunch.....
    I did not eat a breadstick......Yay me!!!! I usually had three, maybe four!!
    I had the salad without the dressing...and it's not any good without it....but I ate most of the goodies out of my bowl.....lettuce was bitter!!!

I ate the Venetian Apricot Chicken lunch portion!!!

For a grand total of 400 calories!!!! More than I would usually eat for lunch....but I enjoyed my husband's company!!!

YAY :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options

I find that if I eat out at a place like that, the BEST thing you can do is have the waitperson bring a to-go box out RIGHT AWAY when you get your food. Then split that plate and dump it in the box IMMEDIATELY. Get it off the table and out of your sight.

What a great idea! Thanks!