Don't know what to do...

Options
So I am doing an experiment and a detox all at the same time. The experiment is you take your average caloric expendature and minus 500 calories and you get the amount of calories you should be eating and then add the challenge of keeping 100 or less carbs a day. This is by NO means a formal "diet" but more of a look at how many carbs and calories I really was eating to GET to 268.4 lbs. I was absolutely a carboholic and was easily eating 1000+ carbs a day and god knows how many calories probably in the 4k range.

As of today my weight is 262.2 and it has only been 4 days. I am seeing immediate results and it feels great BUT I am not eating anywhere NEAR the calories I am supposed to be. Last night I was under 1000 calories for the day because I had to go to work unannounced and didn't eat my 300 calories worth of snacks lol So I ended up eating dinner and then even later having to add 2 tbsp of peanut butter and a light cheese stick just to break 1200.

With my level of activity, height and weight I should be burning around 3000 calories a day so my questions are these.... am I going to sabotage myself with not eating enough calories?? And what is a realistic way to add calories without adding carbs?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    drink your calories...grab a glass of chocolate almond milk or some sort of all natural juice...that's why I don't drink anything but water and green tea, I'd rather eat my calories lol...
  • Ekaette07
    Ekaette07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think that intially you may see a difference, but I do think you'll be sabatging yourself in the long run. I haven't been trying to get healthier long, but I know the first two weeks I loast a total of 7lbs and then the third week I gained 2lbs and could not figure out why. My friend reviewed my calories and turns out that I was netting way below 1200 calories. I imagine my body being larger and used to food immediately went into hoarding mode and stopped burning. This week I monitored my net calories better and have loast 5 lbs more. I think this may happen if your not careful with trying to stay above 1200 calories at least.
  • getmehealthy
    Options
    I am experimenting this week too. I am just 1 week out of physical therapy after knee surgery and trying to get back to exercise too. So for breakfast this week I have 2 eggs, scrambled with skim milk. Lunch is a wrap made of smoked turkey, cheese wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf. Dinner varies but keeping it low carb too. I have lost 2 lbs but more important for me, I know I've lost inches; trying to work on the dreaded belly fat. The wrap is actually good too! Low fat cheese stick, fruit, raw veggies all work for snacks and lots and lots of water. I'm trying on smaller jeans tonight!:glasses:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think drinking my calories might be a good idea... it's just really hard when one glass of juice is 30+ carbs and all I get is 100 a day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think drinking my calories might be a good idea... it's just really hard when one glass of juice is 30+ carbs and all I get is 100 a day.

I don't know what almond milk is, but I know it's lower than dairy milk...and soy milk just leaves a bad after taste
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    The 100 gram limit for carbs is the most important thing right now. You should be around 2000 calories with no exercise. You can easily get there with healthy fats. An ounce of walnuts is an easy 200.