Thanksgiving warning

Options
I just like to send a Thanksgiving warning out...
If you've been eating healthy for some time (even a few weeks) and then think it's going to be ok to eat like you used to and feel fine...think again. The kitchen at work looks like a bakery right now because of all the "treats" people brought in...I thought, "oh, I can have a little..." BAD idea. I feel so sick to my stomach right now and even water is bothering me. Just try to remember that when tempted to overindulge. Maybe just stick to enjoying a little extra of the good proteins, like turkey, and skip the dessert. That refined sugar and butter may just make you sick!

Good luck and enjoy the holidays with loved ones!

Replies

• nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I just like to send a Thanksgiving warning out...
    If you've been eating healthy for some time (even a few weeks) and then think it's going to be ok to eat like you used to and feel fine...think again. The kitchen at work looks like a bakery right now because of all the "treats" people brought in...I thought, "oh, I can have a little..." BAD idea. I feel so sick to my stomach right now and even water is bothering me. Just try to remember that when tempted to overindulge. Maybe just stick to enjoying a little extra of the good proteins, like turkey, and skip the dessert. That refined sugar and butter may just make you sick!

Good luck and enjoy the holidays with loved ones!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    T-Day aside, I find it an interesting consequence of eating planned and healthy meals that stuff I used to really enjoy doesn't appeal so much anymore.

I have generally reserved Friday nights as a bit of an "indulgance" night and so far each has been a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure how much is guilt(!), but the pizza and donairs I used to live for just aren't doing it for me. Likewise anything greasy or fried.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Fair enough - but enjoy without guilt.

Razboo - I have an indulgence every few weeks. I enjoy every single minute of it. Mine is usually a special occasion restaurant though, and I savor every bite. I still eat whole wheat, low saturated fat, pizza though - it's not a special thing for me.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    On the being careful note... you can throw your body into a crazy tailspin... After my son was born, I found out I had been battling Gallstones pretty much the entire time I was pregnant... I've read since having my gallbladder removed that rapid weight gain can cause stones.

I heard on the Today show that a typical meal (meaning appetizers to dinner to dessert) can add up to 5000 calories sometimes. Pretty scary... so, enjoy but be careful especially if you have been eating REALLY good lately.

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • soretooth1
    Options
    I have been going by the Body for life diet for the most part, I diet strickly Monday thru Saturday and I have Sunday for a free day. Just don't over do it, eat like you normally do but maybe allow something you wouldn't Monday thru Saturday. It keeps the cravings down and also makes you realize why you dont eat that suff:laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I didn't read your warning in time:sick: I was fine till I put pumpkin pie and coffee together in my tummy. Now I just feel yucky. I was really good too and just had a little of it all. Too many different things in my tummy. Not doing that again tomorrow with the leftovers. I was busy and didn't read as many posts as I usually do or I would have noticed this one. Thanks for trying:flowerforyou:
  • yenn2
    yenn2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm with you on the splurges -- I don't enjoy them as much as I expect to !! And guess what, that pumpkin pie is like a brick in my gut right now -- WHY DID I NOT HEED THE WARNING?!?! It sure tasted yummy but I could have stopped after a few bites !!:sick: