jillian michaels yoga meltdown?

Options
has anyone tried this OMG i couldn't even do two mins wow ouch i just got the disk yesterday and wow she is nuts would yoga even help burn calories from what i heard it just only bulids mucsle but anywho have a great day

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have this. I found it very relaxing and calming. I burned around 300 calories doing it.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    would yoga even help burn calories from what i heard it just only bulids mucsle

Having more muscle keeps your metabolism more active during the day, so yes, yoga will burn calories by getting your heart rate elevated a little and helping build muscle.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I got this dvd because I love yoga and wanted a yoga workout that involved a little more burn. This definitely fit the bill! It's not as intense as her other workouts, but it's rough. The first few times I did level one I was huffing and puffing pretty hard. Not normal yoga by any means, but it is a great workout in my opinion.
  • nickell_rachel
    Options
    If you want to burn calories do cardio. Yoga is good too. But regular cardio you burn more.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I tried it several months ago, and reaffirmed my yoga hatred! :grumble: Could not even do 10 minutes. The DVD quickly went to the back of the cabinet never to be seen again.

Since then, I have been doing 5 minutes of power yoga as part of P90. Hated it then too but everybody on the P90 support board told me to give it time. I did. I can get through that now but still do not enjoy it. My body does not flex that easily (although I must admit, it is getting better). Now I just have a strong dislike of yoga. :frown: Perhaps over more time, I could just be indifferent. :ohwell:

Good luck to you!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I tried this and liked it-not sure if it was the full version of it though-it was on demand through exercise tv
  • morinmom
    morinmom Posts: 17
    Options
    i have been doing the 30 day shred and that is easier then this yoga i am gonna give it a second chance this coming monday:tongue: