Lunch was super yummy!

Options
I think I'll call it, Quick and Healthy Chicken Stew

6 oz chicken (I used 3 chicken tenderloins, unbreaded frozen)
2 cups Yukon Gold Potato and Vegetable Blend (Market Day, frozen)
1 1/4 cups chicken broth (I used Aldi's Fit and Active)
Salt & Pepper to taste

I am not a chef, but this was pretty good and really low in calories. Here's what I did.

Defrost the chicken.
Put 1/4 cup chicken broth in small saute pan and heat it up. (I used a high setting, but not highest for both pans.)
Put 1 cup chicken broth in a larger pan (I actually used a wok) and heat it up.
Cook the chicken in the saute pan and simmer the veggie mix in the wok. The veggies take about 10 minutes or so.
Flip the chicken after about 2 minutes and cook another 2. Cut the chicken into chunks and throw back into the small pan.
When all the pink is gone toss the chicken into the wok with the veggie mix. I needed to add a little extra broth at this point, you can also choose to add a little salt and pepper as well.

Makes 2 servings but I ate them both ;)
Downfall? High in sodium. I could cut that down by using fresh veggies next time.

~From my Food Diary~ (Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium)
Market Day - Yukon Gold Potato & Vegetable Blend, 2 cup 120 22 2 2 640
Aldi's - Kirkwood - Chicken Tenderloins (Boneless and Skinless), 6 oz 135 0 1 33 285
Aldi Fit & Active - Chicken Broth, 1 cup 5 0 0 1 570
Total = 260 22 3 36 1,495

Replies

• borkjr
    borkjr Posts: 14
    Options
    Pretty similar to my dinner every night - I use the steamfresh frozen veggies + a 6 oz chicken breast mixed w/some soy sauce or greek yogurt, or hot sauce mixtures for flavor. Split into two portions at about ~220 each and try and get one in around 7PM and one at 9PM so I don't snack at night.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely , I do nealy the same but add tons of veg and its so filling and healthy :)