Those who do 30DS, Insanity, P90X, etc...

Options
Jenn728
Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
How do you stay motivated? I get bored easy and I've managed to do my Supreme 90 Day workouts for 30 days (I think) but I'm losing steam. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is anything more annoying than hearing Tony Horton make the same lame jokes 400 times. So I feel your pain.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I look at my startin' picture of me bein' FAT at 162 lbs. That keeps me motivated...! lol :laugh:
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is anything more annoying than hearing Tony Horton make the same lame jokes 400 times. So I feel your pain.

It's pretty bad, but I think having my belt buckle cut into my stomach while I'm sitting down is more annoying. ;-)

I personally find the P90X workouts varied enough that I haven't gotten bored yet, but I am only at the end of week 3 so maybe I should give it more time to bore me.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Use your own music, not what's on the DVD's.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try not to put the focus on the workout but on the results you wish to achieve. You've gone 30 days now. Try making it one day at a time, saying "I've gone 30 days straight. I can do one more." Over time, it will become a habit and you have to workout because it is as much a part of your life as eating.
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Try not to put the focus on the workout but on the results you wish to achieve. You've gone 30 days now. Try making it one day at a time, saying "I've gone 30 days straight. I can do one more." Over time, it will become a habit and you have to workout because it is as much a part of your life as eating.

So how long does it take for a habit to really settle in? I did P90X last year, had really great results. But as soon as it was over I had my intentions to start again and never did. I really thought by working out everyday like I did it would become a habit, but that never happened. It was way to easy to not even think about it. I am now training for a half marathon, I really have to mentally force myself to exercise. I love to exercise, and love the feeling I get by doing it. It just has never became a habit. Any suggestions?

I apologize to the original poster for kidnapping this thread.
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    Personally, I need structure. I've done Power90, Power90 Master Series, Rockin' Body and am now doing INSANITY and ChaLEAN Extreme (combo/hybrid).

I did the full 90 days of Power90, and finished Master Series, but ran into motivation issues (and time issues) when I was doing just INSANITY. I'm finishing up my 4th week of my hybrid and only missed one workout that I'll make up tomorrow.

I have the "motivation" picture on my mirror that has me at my heaviest, and that does motivate me to a certain extent. But, there are days I need a kick in the pants! I found it in a mix of workouts that I enjoy - that's the first thing. Secondly, I have a spreadsheet that I've printed out with my workouts listed on it (there's my structure). Every time I finish a workout on time, I put a big red smiley-face on top of it (I have a dedicated marker for the job!). If I finish the workout as a make-up, I put a read check-mark on the day. I even mark my rest days with smiley-faces. Psychologically, seeing the sheet filled up is helping me continue - I don't want to see any blank spots. (Some people use "X" to cross out the workout - but that just seemed too negative for me).

That's really been helping me. Since I've already tried INSANITY on its own, I would get too bored doing it again (even though it's a great program), so switching it up with CE helps break up the monotony. (I also have great support on beachbody.com)

Good luck!

Trudy
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I print out a schedule and mark off each time I complete a workout & put the day next to it. Seeing all those check marks makes me see what an accomplishment I've made.
    Also just seeing and feeling the results. Stay motivated!
    =)
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I print out a schedule and mark off each time I complete a workout & put the day next to it. Seeing all those check marks makes me see what an accomplishment I've made.
    Also just seeing and feeling the results. Stay motivated!
    =)

I do the same thing and find it really keeps me going! :smile: