Help with at Home Exercise Program

Options
Okay, so I can not at this time afford a gym membership. Wanted to know if anyone had a really good at home work out that they do and would be willing to share.

Let me know

Please and Thank you

Replies

• helthymom6
    Options
    A lot of the Leslie sansone Videos are very good and you can get them from wal-mart for around9 dollars. that is what I am using right now.
  • AGoodExample
    Options
    If you have 10-20 bucks, I would buy a couple of Jillian Michaels workout videos. I did 6 week 6 pack and No More Trouble Zones yesterday and Im SO sore! haha They do require weights though. If you cant afford them, 2 cans of veggies or fruits will work fine.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can suggest a few different at home programs. I'll send you a note
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    Walk, Run or Bike. For strength training I picked up Bob Harper's DVD from costco for less then $10. Love him and it.
  • weberkz
    weberkz Posts: 1
    Options
    Videos are great substitute for the gym! I'm a personal trainer and my biggest suggestion is to make exercise goals at you house such as climb the stairs 15-20 times everyday, then increase it. Walking every day at a very brisk pace (your fastest pace) for at least 30 mins ideally 45mins or more, this should really help. Then I would recommend looking up a training for couch to 5k online. You don't want just exercises you want goals so that you progress and your body will keep changing.

Some of my top exercises are:
    Box Squats- find a low bench, stool or chair and sit back on it and stand up driving through your heels, this is no different than a squat, but it is putting you in the correct position without hurting your kness. The butt goes straight back and you sit on the stool and stand up quickly 10-15 reps 3 sets

Planks- from a push up position lower your weight from your hands to your elbows so you are lower to the ground. This is the full out plank body is flat butt is down and you hold this position for at least 30secs. If this position is too challenging drop your knees to the ground however keep the body flat and butt down!

Lunges- our feet should be split very far apart when you come down they should be far enough apart that you have made 90 degree angles with both legs. You lunge up and down with the body completely upright (you'll find yourself want to lean or hunch forward) so the back leg is taking your body straight down (making that top thigh scream) and the front leg pushes your body up (getting right into the butt). If you have trouble balancing feel free to hold onto something until you have strengthened your core enough to balance during this exercise.
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone!!!! I am going to be a very busy person trying everything.

Thanks!!!!