From the UK. What's a cup?

helenium
helenium Posts: 546 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I've been on MFP for about a week now, but this is my first forum post.

I'm a female overweight university 20-year-old student from the UK - hence the post subject - we don't use 'cups' to measure things - would someone from the US tell me how big a cup is? How many mililitres of water can you hold in a cup? Thanks! :D

Before MFP I was on a starvation diet, eating/exercising to about 600 kcals a day. I did manage to lose about 20-22 pounds that way, but then all weight loss halted. I didn't even know it was silly at the time to be doing that. MFP forum posts have let me know that's not the way to go, and although my family is not convinced (they keep trying to make me eat less than 1000!), I am. I did increase a bit in weight when I upped the calories, but now I'm starting to inch back down...

Bad habits: I weigh myself obsessively every day. I'll tend to eat things I shouldn't without really wanting to. I don't like junk food much, but end up eating it anyway - and I'm not sure why.
Good habits: I don't actively crave sugar or fats, and when I find myself loitering in the kitchen, I can snap myself out of nibbling on things.

It's been good to see all of your success stories on the forum, and they convinced me to start dieting properly. Thanks!

Helenium (My real name's Helen. Helenium is a flower. I'm not massively keen on flowers. When I was at school, I liked to eat them.)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.