Get Past Mid-Day Hunger Pangs

Options
It's 3:30 PM and heres a quick recap of my day:
Med Latte from Dunkin Donuts
Mini Wheat Bagel with Low Fat Organic Strawberry Cream Cheese
3 chicken breast slices with 2 slices of cheese and barely any miracle whip and mustard
a cup of carrots
a smoothie with 1/2 cup of oj, 1/2 blueberries, banana, 3 stawberries....
LOTS of water!

How can my stomach POSSIBLY be craving so bad?
Is it an adjustment period? I don't feel like the day I've had is that different from any normal day....

Any help PLEASE!

Replies

• remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, don't ignore it. Try to have something filling - high fiber - and slower to digest - protein.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I would look into working higher amounts of protein and fiber into your day. The foods you are eating are for the most part healthy but too much sugar can leave you wanting more (I'm not saying become a sugar nazi, but maybe in your smoothie ditch the OJ and opt for 1/2 c of Greek or Plain Yogurt-- Creamier and more protein-y.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of sugar hiding in the healthy stuff you ate. Fruit is healthy sugar, but it does affect your blood sugar. Eat a protein snack like nuts and it will help stave off the cravings until dinner.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just enjoyed a snack of 10 frozen red seedless grapes with a glass of water . In addition to getting more f protein, I would recommend getting your fruits from their raw states. More filling and less calories than a smoothie. although a smoothie treat once in a while isn't a bad thing :o)
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    the only thing I see is there is too much hidden sugars (in bagel, creamed cheese, carrots and fruits) causing blood sugar imbalances thus causing hunger pains. If you are okay with these sugar levels, then try adding nuts and seeds (rich in fiber, fat and protein, all of which slow blood sugar intake). Or next time you have a smoothie add some ground flax or chia seeds or 1tbsp pysllium to up your fiber which causes you to feel full for much, much longer without hunger pains.

For now, however, try a glass of water with flavored pysllium or 10-12 nuts and see if that helps.