Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Options
msdominique1
msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
Has anyone tried this recipe before... I found this online and it looks and sounds pretty tasty... I may try this for breakfast the weekend...

Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes.

Ingredients
3/4 cup multigrain pancake mix (such as Arrowhead Mills)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy milk
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Maple syrup
Powdered sugar (optional)

Preparation
1. Combine first 4 ingredients (through blueberries).

2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter (or use a 2-ounce ice-cream scoop) per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2–3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Flip pancakes over, and cook an additional 2–3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Pile on a plate in 1 stack. Cover with a hand towel to keep warm.

3. Place 2 pancakes on each of 3 plates. Drizzle with the maple syrup, and dust with some powdered sugar, if desired.

Should I substitute the Maple Syrup since it is just a drizzle. Or should I just top the pancakes with blueberries only for the topping.

Whole-Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Get a serving of fruit (and plenty of antioxidants) with this quick and easy breakfast recipe. Grab a small handful of almonds, and you've got a complete breakfast.

Ingredients: Multi-grain pancake mix, canola oil, soy milk, blueberries, maple syrup, powdered sugar

Calories: 212

Replies

• audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but it sounds good. However, because sugar and protein are things I consider, I would eat these pancakes with homemade sugar-free fruit sauce (or maybe boil some blueberries in their own juice as a topping) instead of maple syrup. I would also forgo the powdered sugar. Finally, I would add a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder and a half cup of water to the mix before cooking to up my protein values.
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was looking for an alternate for the maple syrup myself and I can do without the powered sugar... I love fruit on my pancakes anyway without the syrup so that should not be a problem... :)
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this one but I do make a very similar one but with Almond milk. My kids love these!

1cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 egg
    3tsp baking powder
    3tbs mashed very ripe banana
    blueberries
    optional a dash of cinnamon and a packet of splenda.