Oatmeal Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Sauce

Options
msdominique1
msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
I came across this recipe online too... Variations for breakfast ideas... This looks to be pancakes from scratch... has anyone tried this recipe yet... I may like this more because of the blueberry sauce... This is a low-cal pancake recipe too... :) I can't wait to test this out and let you all know how it taste...

Get fiber, protein, and antioxidants with this rich recipe. And the vitamin C in the blueberries helps your body absorb more of the plant-based iron in the oats.

Ingredients: Rolled oats, low-fat buttermilk, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, eggs, low-fat milk, frozen blueberries, lemons, cooking spray

Calories: 167 per pancake (approximate)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
Cooking spray
2 cups frozen wild blueberries, thawed
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation
Soak oats in buttermilk in a small bowl for 15 minutes. Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs together with egg whites in a small bowl, and stir in milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet, and cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Flip and cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Cook remaining batter in batches. Meanwhile, combine blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries pop. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Spoon blueberry sauce over pancakes; serve.

Nutritional Info
CALORIES 189
FAT 2g (sat 1g, mono 1g, poly 1g)
CHOLESTEROL 38mg
PROTEIN 7g
CARBOHYDRATE 36g
SUGARS 13g
FIBER 3g
IRON 2mg
SODIUM 242mg
CALCIUM 101mg

If someone tries this before I get a chance to try it and post how it came out... please let us all know how it is... I am curious to know...

Replies