Mommy Apron Stomach!!!

Options
I have had a few surgeries, similar to C-Sections. When I was younger I was able to get my stomach back. The last surgery was at 31, I am now 52. Needless to say I have belly fat! I am busting my hump with strength training, cardio, yoga, pilates and I still have this "mommy apron" and my son is adopted, so I cannot even use that as an excuse. Everything else is toning up, not quick as I would like, and the weight is very slowly coming off, but even walking in place there is this stomach flopping all over the place. The fitness instructors tell you to pull your belly button in, well that's not happening, not for lack of trying. Anyone else having issues with the flabby, floppy belly?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    dude. I am looking at mine right now. Yep, it's still there....
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I do...My legs are toned but heaven forbid me lose this tum tum.
    Reverse crunches!
    Leg lifts!
    6 inches!
    Normal crunches!
    Running!
    Kickboxing!
    Belly dancing!
    Bicycle!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...I have had 2 c-sections and I can't get rid of the belly...I call it my kangaroo pouch. Its horrible! I can't ever feel my belly button pushing in either... Any exercise ideas would be great. :)
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for quite some time now, I'm hoping that when I drop more weight it will shrink some. it needs to go, It is by far the most hated part of my body.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    after 4 kids i have the same thing. im worried it wont all go away, but it is getting smaller.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    and so the tireless morning question continues...

"Tuck it in, or leave it out"
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bad when you have to lift the flap to see everything else...It rolls over before the rest of me. Everything else is fine but this is ridiculous!:explode:
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    years of trying to lose it and nothing

FULLY MOMMY MAKEOVER with a tummy tuck and removed 15 pounds of skin
  • calequestrian
    Options
    What are backwards crunches?
  • calequestrian
    Options
    Now that's what I am talking about! Now let me go shake the damn money tree! LOL!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You can increase your muscle tone, you can lose fat, but you really can't do anything about loose, saggy, getting older skin, if that's the problem. If it is, a tummy tuck is an option to get rid of excess skin. If it's not that, but just excess fat and no tone, just lots of time in the gym, but most importantly, a clean diet will do the trick. But that takes a lot of time, and the older you get, the longer it takes, but it can be done!
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    Totally feel you. I have 3 children and the youngest 2 are twins. Talk about tummy flab. I feel like a balloon that has been blown up and the air let out a couple times. Nice!
  • calequestrian
    Options
    Right now, I am tucking! When I work out I wear a Baboosh belly wrap just so it won't flop about!
  • green33084
    green33084 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have had 4 kids and i have the same problem. I was told that cortisol stores stomach fat and that fish oil and vitamin c help block cortisol. so im taking those along with working out. stomach fat is the hardest to lose. Good Luck!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm in the c-section club as well and nearly 2 1/2 years post-baby I still have little to no feeling where the incision was made. I fully anticipate a tummy tuck in the future.
  • calequestrian
    Options
    Guess I had better win the lotto...:embarassed:
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    I have this crazy dream that someone will some day offer to pay for a tummy tuck for me!
  • jennajoehro
    jennajoehro Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 4 year old twins myself. When I got pregnant I carried the baby weight all in front--and holy moley, there is a lot of excess skin. I call it my handbag. It will always be with me. I actually weigh about 10 lbs. less than before I got pregnant, but the weight distribution has definitely changed.

I know that no matter what I do, I won't be able to get rid of it without surgery, so I try not to let it bother me (easier said than done, I know!)

~Jenna
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Right there with you. 3 kids (one c-section) and it won't go away. My hubby has said it is a trophy of sorts and I earned the right to have it without getting down on myself. The worst is when I run up the stairs and hear it slapping.:embarassed: Hoping to have enough money some day to get a tummy tuck (after all the weight is gone of course).
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    :frown: I HATE IT!!!!!!

I have 4 kids (the last 3 were all C-Sections and in 5 years!) I gained 70lbs with my last one (now 19 months old) and have lost all of my pre preg weight....except the flop!!!! Its sooooooo gross, and sadly is the only reason I have to wear a size 12 :frown: I do almost daily ab/core work and have toned my obliques, but the extra skin is here to stay....

I have a friend who went for her tummy tuck, and the doc said all the ab work she was doing was only hurting the muscle separation :grumble: And I had my doc look at my floppy, saggy stomach and say "Ohhhhhh, sweetie, once we get this extra garbage gone, you will be amazed!" So....

HAPPY 30th BDAY to me! I am getting a tummy tuck/breast augmentation next year! Once I make my goal weight/size, I meet with the plastic surgeon!!!!!!!

$15k???? U cannot put a price tag on happiness!!!! :bigsmile: