constantly having a headache

Options
Hey y'all! Alright, so I wake up every day with a headache, and no matter how much I eat, sleep, or exercise, it won't go away! Any suggestions about what I should do to make these stupid things go away!? THEY'RE RUINING MY DAILY LIFE! help!

Replies

• tappytaptap
    Options
    have you been drinking enough water?
  • hazeyskyy
    hazeyskyy Posts: 25
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Also, are you consuming artificial sweetners? They tend to increase the frequency of headahces. It could also be a symptom of a sinus infection.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    I also suffer from headaches/ migraines on and off- when they were really bad and wouldn't go away, I went to see a neurologist and he put me on meds. The medication helped & I was headache free - only thing was you had to take the pills every night b/c the dr. said you have to break the 'headache cycle.' Have you tried advil or the similar products? If these don't work, I suggest going to see a dr. I also suffer from tension in my neck and I blame this as the cause of my headaches. Another thing my dr. recommended was keeping a headache diary to figure out what triggers your headache. It could be caused from caffeine, not enough sleep, stress, etc. Hope you get over this- headaches suck! :mad:
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    They might be tension headaches. Are you under much stress at the moment? That's a big trigger for tension headaches. Hope you get it figured out soon, headaches are awful.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Also, are you consuming artificial sweetners? They tend to increase the frequency of headahces. It could also be a symptom of a sinus infection.
    agreed!
    I would say you need to get check for a sinus infection. left untreated it can last a long time and cause you to be miserable with headaches..
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Have you dramatically reduced your caffeine? I know this happened to me when I did...Since I started MFP I went from only diet coke all day to ONLY 1 or 2 a day, and at first I got headaches pretty frequently...
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tend to get them when I quit drinking caffeine. I also get them when I need to get my glasses prescription updated or when I am reading a lot and don't have my reading glasses. Hope that helps!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from headaches/ migraines on and off- when they were really bad and wouldn't go away, I went to see a neurologist and he put me on meds. The medication helped & I was headache free - only thing was you had to take the pills every night b/c the dr. said you have to break the 'headache cycle.' Have you tried advil or the similar products? If these don't work, I suggest going to see a dr. I also suffer from tension in my neck and I blame this as the cause of my headaches. Another thing my dr. recommended was keeping a headache diary to figure out what triggers your headache. It could be caused from caffeine, not enough sleep, stress, etc. Hope you get over this- headaches suck! :mad:

My doctor put me on Prodrin and it has worked wonders!
  • Cposeley28
    Options
    I had that problem too, I was diagnosed with Celiacs (which studies are now saying can cause headaches, fatigue etc not just the normal "digestive" problems) and I have what is called "Cluster headaches" I will get multiple headaches a day for weeks or sometimes months at a time then I wont have one for months. When I get them I drink more water and pop exccedrin or advil. It usually helps control them.
    Good luck figuring it all out! I know they suck, when I get my clusters I can't do anything until the pain is relieved
  • taraleola05
    taraleola05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too was suffering from severe headaches daily and migraines 1-2 times a week. I went to see the chiropractor and I found out that I was having headaches because my neck and back were SOOO out of line!! I went 3 times a week for 3 months and haven't had a migraine since. (that was in the summer of 2008!) I too agree with the others who have posted..it may be because you aren't drinking enough water and consuming other beverages that aren't all that hydrating/good for you. Also look at the foods you eat, and consider allergy testing. I too found out I had some allergies to foods and inhalants that caused my headaches to flare at times. Hope this helps!

Tara Leola*~
  • tahoemads
    tahoemads Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Other than the possibility of your spine needing alignment (chiropractic visit) constant headaches (no matter how much water you drink) is a common symptom of gluten intolerance or celiac. It's also a symptom of candida - which can be diagnosed from a kinesiologist or naturopathic doctor. I switched to a gluten-free diet and my headaches left. If I eat gluten then the migraine-like headaches return with really bad joint pain. It feels like you're getting the flu. Candida is an overgrowth of yeast in your GI, that gives you a myriad of symptoms that doctors have a tough time diagnosing. Let me know if you want more detailed info.

Headaches are tough to diagnose without looking at your body as a whole...