Hello to all - I am back on the diet roll

Options
BerniceB
BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
Hi - I have lost so many pounds using just about every diet - and once again I am fat and unhappy about how heavy I am. I signed up for this site last August but despite being in warm Hawaii for a couple of months, I have not been exercising much and I have not been eating well. Sooo, here I go again. This is day 3 of using a food diary and keeping my calories limited. I think I am going to exercise - using my ellipitical today. But it is already 4pm and I I have to get up and drive 3 hours to a 9am meeting tomorrow. We'll see.

I am pleased to see people talking about weight here. I do notice many are quite a bit younger than me. I am 61. I used to run 5 miles a day but can't do that because of a hip replacement. I haven't found another exercise I like well enough to consistently use. I do walk and intend to buy bikes for Hawaii. I also snorkel when I am there. I am on the Oregon coast at the moment. The weather is very inconsistent. Bottom line, I just have to get started.

Good luck to everyone. Here's hoping I will be able to keep weight off when I reach my goal. I want to be fit and keep playing - snorkeling, walking, biking, kayaking, maybe even paddle boarding. Sucess - not giving up. B

Replies

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's the best thing, just be determined and don't give up no matter how discouraged you are or how you may think you're doing. If you're watching what you eat and exercising you are doing good!
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a heated pool in oregan that could help with the exercise. Cannt say enough about water aerobics, I have a new knee and it really helped. I'm trying to lose all I can before I have to replace the other one next year. I could live on fish if I was in Hawaii. Hope all goes your way:flowerforyou:
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Welcome! You will find people of all ages here, and we all have something in common. You will certainly find some some like-minded friends here if you post that you're looking for pals of a specific variety. Also, you can click on the community tab at the top of the page and click on Find Members. Then do a search for people around 60 if you want.

Good luck on meeting your weight-loss goals! We all started somewhere. The great thing is that you just START!
    RS