still feel fat days after my binge...

Options
Hey guys,
Im a bit confused... 
On Wednesday I had a really bad day food wise and binged,
But both yesterday and today I've been eating very well and not all of my calories to compensate a little. I also haven't worked out besides a long walk yesterday.

Why do I feel so heavy right now as if the binge was today? Its not my TOM and I've been flushing myself with water.

Any suggestions to make this go away would be amazing, it's really taking a toll on my confidence as a person :/

Replies

• audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I relate to this very well. It could be that your binge was high in sodium. Combined with all the water you're now drinking, you might be feeling bloated.

Too, 'feeling' fat is oftentimes a psychological emotion of guilt. And when we hang onto our negative emotions, we hang onto the weight.

Forgive yourself, let go and get back on track!! You can do it!!
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    probably should give it a bit of time. I think it's important to keep your eyes on the prize, and not worry about the bumps in the road. When I cheat I feel it right away, and it does take a few days to feel not so bloated. Might just be in your head. Just keep on track and do right by yourself and I think you will feel better.
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry girlie. Just keep going at it and you will feel better. We all make mistakes. It will work out and you will feel good again soon!
  • mamma3monkeys
    Options
    Your body has probably burned through those calories already, especially if you've been eating right and working out like you need to, so I too would think the bloating is from salt

here is the info from this link http://healthyguy.com/199908_salt.htm

"It can take as long as two to four days to get all the salt out your body but the first thing you will notice is that, your extremities, your hands and feet, will become thinner. You will instantly realize just how swollen your extremities become from including salt in your diet everyday. How do you know if you are eating too much salt? Under normal conditions, if you become very thirsty after a delicious meal, chances are that meal contained large amounts of salt. By this time the salt has already entered every cell in your body because salt molecules are smaller than the hole in the cell wall and will literally pull water into the cell. Salt molecules esentially become trapped within the cell and osmosis causes the cells to swell, taking water away from other parts of the body, and making you thirsty until you drink enough water so that equilibrium is established and there is the same amount of water on the outside of the cell as there is on the inside. This is the process of osmosis that takes place inside the body when you consume table salt."

You really don't need to drink more water then usual because once your body has balanced out the amount of water inside your cells as well as outside, it doesn't make much difference. You can't flush that molecule and all that extra water out, it has to be released through a gradual process that takes days. Sure the extra water can't hurt since it will help your appetite and flush away the fat you are burning, but it takes time - not a miracle.

When I eat something or have a bad day food wise, I tell myself when I wake up the next morning that THAT day is a brand new day. I can offset what I ate by eating better the rest of the week, burn off more calories by working out a bit longer each day, and relax. It's your long term choices that affect your health, not the small ones. :)
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I'll stick it out and just wait for it to all go away :)
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Also, if your binge was high fat and sugar with low fiber (I'm guessing you weren't bingeing on broccoli) your colon is probably moving a bit slower than normal. You could feel heavy and extra full because your intestines are still processing the extra bulk. Hope this isn't TMI, but the good news is that exercise and plenty of water will solve it for you. Just give it a day or two.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    ugh, it happens to me to.
    i had a extreme binge WEEK!
    im seriously hoping to get back on track tommorow.
    its the sodium that causes bloating.