Protein Snicker Doodles.. yummy

ChefJenn
ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
edited September 25 in Recipes
Ok So I decided to play with my vanilla whey protein powder today and since I have a huge catering order tomorrow I made these:

( of course when I bake I dont sub anything out, but you could to make them more healthy to your needs but I cant promise they would bake the same or taste the same)

1 stick soft unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
4 scoops vanilla protein powder ( I would guess Chocolate would be good too)
2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Then make you a sugar and cinnamon mix in a bowl- set aside

Mix everything together. Make a 1/2 ball and then roll in your sugar/cinnamon mix
Place on your cookie sheet and press down the middle to form a more flat cookie shape
Make sure to give plenty of space between the cookies they spread way out.
bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 mins.
Keep and eye on them and when the edges start to brown remove from the oven and place on baking rack to cool.
yields: about 3 dozen

enjoy
~Chef Jenn~

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    wow that sounds amazing
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    That does sound good.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    What an interesting idea. So does the powder act like flour? I'm going to try these.

Any ideas on how to maybe cut back on the butter a little? I've subbed applesauce and prunes before - but neither sound like they would work with this recipe.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    truly in baking its really hard to cut butter out on some things. but when you do this recipe and your making so many cookies each one should not be as bad as it sounds. Im sure you could use a sugar sub
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    hmmm.....I'm going to have to give these a try!
    I never would have thought to do this on my own....thanks for sharing!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    bump
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    I've tried subbing artificial sweetener for sugar on a couple cake recipes and it didn't work out at all. These cookies are also good without smashing them down first. I prefer soft cookies and therefore, I don't smash them first and then only bake them for 10 - 12 minutes, if memory serves. These are one of my fave cookies. I think I'll have to try your recipe soon. Thanks for that!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Sounds fabulous! Thank you.:bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Thanks for sharing! They sound great!:happy:
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Did you calculate the calories - I looked but didn't see it. Sounds like an interesting way to make healthier cookies!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    What size is the scoop? Are protein powder scoops uniform across brands?
  • Bump
This discussion has been closed.