Is anyone tracking their "In 5 weeks you'll weigh".....?

Options
Just curious how that works if anyone is keeping records of the In 5 weeks you'll weigh this much? Maybe I am alone in my neurosis!! I'd love to be on track for that, but.....as usual, I seem a little slow!

Replies

• rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    Mine has been off by about 5-7 lbs.
  • boofa88
    boofa88 Posts: 15
    Options
    no i did keep track and I was way off these goals! of course weight loss is dependant on so many different factors. I found I lost very few kgs but many centimetres so it will be different for everyone. also basing projected weight loss on one day's intake seems pretty inaccurate from my point of view! :-)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I write it in my journal every night. Right now I dont have a scale (gave it up for Lent) so I have NO idea whether it is closer or farther. But my guess is the numbers will be off because MFP still thinks I weigh a number that hopefully I dont weigh anymore!
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    I've started keeping track and can't wait for 5 weeks to be up to see if they're right or not :P
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    it changes daily and is unpredictable, i find it a horrible way to gage what i will actually be in 5weeks.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I did a while back and it was off by 2lbs...then my losses slowed stupidly and they were way off...My losses are just not consistent enough for the prediction to be accurate.
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sure as heck wish they were accurate!!! Mine have never been right even though I almost never go over my calories.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    mine are NOT accurate - as a previous poster said "I wish" They are way over estimating my weight loss:cry:
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of MFP buddies said she tracked it and it was RIGHT ON THE MONEY! She met her mini goal and was pretty excited!
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Nope.

That was simple :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I copy it to the Note section of my food diary now and then, just as an amusement. Not every day is going to be like today, at least in my life. It does kinda put things in perspective though.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just started 5 days ago and I am already lower than what it says i will be.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same
    no scales here either----will wait till I go to the gym
    I wasn't so inspired by it as it changes daily with exercise
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    For three months now it has been giving me a number about 7.5 less than my current weight. I just find it annoying.
  • jifferdoodle
    Options
    Mine has such a huge flux it always gives me a good chuckle. This program doesn't account for any strength training in that equation so it's completely useless for me. Following that old way/calculation is what got me in trouble in the first place. I wasn't eating enough and it wasn't until I upped my calories from 1200 to 1500-1700 a day that I began to lose weight...so the calculator was completely off. You can't underestimate the body's "starvation mode"!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I think it is supposed to be motivating :smile: , but I find it horribly inaccurate.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't really take it as much it says "IF everyday was like today.l..." I do not eat exactly the same number of calories everyday nor do I burn the same number every day so it's a different number every day. It's nice seeing that lower number though and knowing you will get there!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I keep track of mine and have for months now......but only on thurs weigh ins. So whatever my "in 5 weeks" says I'll go to that day in the calendar and input what I "should" be and then every thurs I compare how I did compared to my estimate.

This week I was right exactly dead on. I'm always pretty close though.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to change your settings every now and then, so that MFP recognizes you've lost some weight, and adjusts your calories downward. It took me a while to figure out the connection between your allowance and the amount of weight you'll lose (or won't if its still based on your higher weight):blushing:
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I started doing it this week, so I'll let you know in 4 weeks if it works!!!