That Time of the Month. . ..

Options
:grumble: Around "that time of the month" I eat sweets---too many sweets to be trying to reach my goal. Other times I resist at the grocery store and cook very healthy.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fight that demon?? :mad:

Oh, rest assured the person in the picture is not me. ..I am female.:bigsmile:

Replies

• Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    :grumble: Around "that time of the month" I eat sweets---too many sweets to be trying to reach my goal. Other times I resist at the grocery store and cook very healthy.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fight that demon?? :mad:

Oh, rest assured the person in the picture is not me. ..I am female.:bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I find it very hard too. Except I dont want just sweets, I want to eat anything in site! hahaha I really dont know how to fight it other than remembering its just your hormones and you DONT need that food haha
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oooo...let me see if I can find my old post! It has some great ideas! Hold on a moment...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Happy Meals (For Women)...check it out!
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Supposedly your metabolism becomes heightened at that time of the month, so the little bit more that you're eating (even though it feels like a lot) does not make any difference in making your weight loss goals. Also, the exercise you do during that time goes farther than usual, so make sure to get out there and walk at least, even if you feel like cr@p!
  • Laguapa
    Options
    [/quote
    What's that???:embarassed: ]
  • Laguapa
    Options
    Exercise goes a long way during that time??? Thanks. I did feel like crap today but I had already invited a friend to kickboxing class so I forced myself to go and I am so glad I did.:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    [/quote

A previous thread I posted. I'll try and bump it up again!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i actually have just experienced this.. and the day before i kind of went crazy on the salty foods.. but after that i have been really watching my sodium intake for the past week and i honestly cannot remember an easier TOM than this one has been! i also avoided my morning cup of joe (gasp!) because caffeine makes me balloon around then and makes the pain that much unbearable...

oh! and i have also eliminated sweets from my diet. do it! you'll feel so much better.
  • Laguapa
    Options
    You've eliminated sweets for good? :grumble: I have no problem resisting usually but just around that time I crave them like an addict. I am going to force myself to do better.:cry:
  • Laguapa
    Options
    [/quote

A previous thread I posted. I'll try and bump it up again!

I'll try and find it as well. Thanks!
  • TracyFace
    TracyFace Posts: 65
    Options
    Chocolate is my BFF during that time. However last month the cravings weren't too bad. I try to keep "good" sweets in the house. Slim a Bear bars, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Smart Ones desserts. The Smart Ones Chocolate mousse, is TO DIE FOR!!!

For a sec I forgot how to spell die!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Last month this happened to me! I was CRAVING some sweet and chocolatey...so I went to the grocery store, determined to find something somewhat healthy but I found Skinny Cow mini fudge bars...only 50cals and definately helps that sweet tooth!
  • Laguapa
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know about the skinny cow but I will try the other things suggested. My husband just happened to bake a cake a couple of days agao and I ate several slices in one day. Next month I will be equipped with all my weapons :mad: ready for battle (weapons being skinny cow, slim bars, smart ones, etc):bigsmile: