Yes, Another HRM question...

Options
I am preparing to get a HRM. One site I was reading about the Polar F6 said something about a strap that you put on. Do you always have to wear a strap around your chest or is it just the monitor that looks like a watch?

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I am preparing to get a HRM. One site I was reading about the Polar F6 said something about a strap that you put on. Do you always have to wear a strap around your chest or is it just the monitor that looks like a watch?

Thanks for your help everyone!!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You can get HRM's with or without the strap. Many people who've gotton one without the strap say they are a pain because you have to stop and push two buttons at the same time in order to read your heartrate. With the strap that goes around your chest it constantly monitors your heartrate. Hope that helps.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    The strap isnt a bad thing at all. When you put it on you dont even know its there. I wouldnt worry about it, also I would think that you get a more accurate reading with the chest strap than with just the wrist one.
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Also what should we look for when buying a HRM? What features and specifications?

Thanks,
    Melissa
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I was wondering.... based on what I'm seeing online... is the chest strap included with the Polar F4 or F6? It appears it is, or am I reading that wrong? I most definetely want a chest strap for an accurate reading!

(I'm hoping to get mine for Christmas, which is only another 5 months away....):bigsmile:
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I was wondering.... based on what I'm seeing online... is the chest strap included with the Polar F4 or F6? It appears it is, or am I reading that wrong? I most definetely want a chest strap for an accurate reading!

(I'm hoping to get mine for Christmas, which is only another 5 months away....):bigsmile:

yes, the strap comes with Polar F4 & F6.
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Also at the HRM that I have been looking at have preset weight, height, etc. Are there monitors that allow you to set your own weight, height, etc?
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Also at the HRM that I have been looking at have preset weight, height, etc. Are there monitors that allow you to set your own weight, height, etc?

You programs your stats (age, height, sex, weight) into the F6 (i have one). i don't know about the F4. if you go to Polar's website, you can pull up a comparison chart of all their models.

HTH
    Lisa
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Thanks. I'm still looking to find one that I like and that is not too expensive.