Yes, yes, yes - it was just a blip!

Options
At the risk of looking like a smug (*£%@, I'm hoping that my weigh-in will give some hope.

I joined MFP at the beginning of the year. For the first few weeks, I was losing weight steadily at a rate of 1-2lb a week.

Then, I hit a snag. As far as I could make out, I was still eating at a "weight loss" rate, and my exercise levels, while not great, were good enough that the loss should have carried on.

Two weeks ago, I was at 228lb.

Last week, disaster. Despite the good effort, I'd gone up to 230lb.

I was, ahem, annoyed / cross / disappointed... but I followed the advice on these forums, tried to accept that weight cycles, and kept at it.

This morning (I weigh in about 11am each Saturday, pretty much when my daughter gets back from her dance class)... 227lb.

Last week - just a blip...

... so, for all of you who've had an "eek" moment, keep in there!

Replies

• bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mark,thats very good of you to post that,I am sure it will help and reassure a lot of people.Well done to you on regaining the momentum.Good Luck.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done:smile:
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    had one myself last week (blip).......feels better to see the lower number! I guess the lesson for all of us would be to not get discouraged and take deep breaths. It is a normal process for the body to fluctuate.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been going through these blips for months. Glad its passed for you!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Must have been the week for blips! I was up 4 lbs at the beginning of the week, but it's gone today! Yeah! Thanks for the encouragement!