Canned salmon?

Options
swimmermama
swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
I love canned tuna but try to only eat one can a week because of mercury levels. I haven't tried canned salmon. I can see how it would make healthy, quick lunch options, though!

What do you guys think? Does canned salmon taste good? Is it nearly as good for you as fresh?

What do you make with canned salmon?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I find it Yucky
  • wanda1956
    wanda1956 Posts: 110
    Options
    You can make salmon patty...a little egg, few crushed crackers,diced onion, salt, pepper, salmon. Mix together and make patty,fry in skillet...very yummy.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My husband makes a salad and throws the salmon on top--just like with tuna.
    I make sandwiches (just like with tuna). I really like the taste better than tuna.
    Enjoy! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i love canned salmon pink or red, prefer it 2 fresh salmon, i eat mine with salad:smile:
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it but was reading about it (someone posted a thread here about how many times a week can you eat salmon) Dr. Perricone makes it sound like a miracle drug lol! He did say to be sure to get the Alaskan wild salmon. I saw it at Costco yesterday and almost got it - maybe next time.

We did have fresh Alaskan salmon for dinner last night - YUM!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks everyone! It's encouraging to know that I can use it just like tuna. The salmon cakes sound great - I will definitely have to try those!

I will pick up a can at the store today.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    If you like Salmon, Canned Salmon is great.
    I am not a salmon person ( would rather have Halibut)!!!
    Why not try it and decide for yourself???